British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Anyone approved from Nebraska lately???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/anyone-approved-nebraska-lately-109095/)

PEACHSTER Jun 29th 2002 8:21 pm

Anyone approved from Nebraska lately????

Has anyone been approved lately from Nebraska??? (Regarding I-129F petition)

If so what is your timeline. Thanks

Andrew Jun 30th 2002 3:20 am

Re: Anyone approved from Nebraska lately????

PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Has anyone been approved lately from Nebraska??? (Regarding I-129F petition)
    >
    > If so what is your timeline. Thanks

We're waiting too! My fiance and I will be at 70 days since 1st NOA by early next
week, and we're hoping it'll get approved around then. From what we have seen, recent
approvals seem to be running around 70+ days. It's such a long wait! We'll post the
minute the second NOA comes through.

Cheers, Andrew

Greg Johnson Jun 30th 2002 3:20 am

Still waiting (I129F) ...1st NOA May 2. (was: Anyone approved from

I would kind of like to know if anyone has as well. A simple I129F, no previous
marriages, no children, Fiancee in the Philippines.

What is _YOUR_ timeline?

PEACHSTER wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Rpcvinwi Jun 30th 2002 4:20 pm

We're at 66 days so far. It's frustrating to see other service centers work so
quickly while we plod along at a snail's pace! Maybe this week.......

Chas Jun 30th 2002 5:20 pm

Woooooo Is me to hear the same from others about the ...Long and Numbing waits that
NSC gives out to couples .... So No Approval Yet!!!! July 1st will be day# 58 without
a the 2nd approval Notice .... the prized 2nd notice :)) Please anyone tell me that
it does not take more than 70 days .... both my fiancee and my nerves .... without a
date on the horizon ... pure 'pins and needles' .... Any reasurance or words ... that
it will happen soon ... much appreciated !!!!!

Thank You!!!!!!! Yulia and Charlie:))

PEACHSTER <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >

PEACHSTER Jun 30th 2002 6:52 pm

WOW Nebraska is very slow now. :( Damn I wish they would speed things up a bit. I guess I have a bit of a wait cause I am only at 40 days with my petition. Doesn't seem like we have waited for 40 days tho. I gotta say it has went by fast but I been use to this waiting for the past few years. Waiting to see my honey, waiting to see him again. LOL I guess I am use to it now. LOL That dont mean I'm not antsy tho... heh

Don H Jul 1st 2002 12:20 am

[email protected] (chas) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Woooooo Is me to hear the same from others about the ...Long and Numbing waits that
    > NSC gives out to couples .... So No Approval Yet!!!! July 1st will be day# 58
    > without a the 2nd approval Notice .... the prized 2nd notice :)) Please anyone tell
    > me that it does not take more than 70 days .... both my fiancee and my nerves ....
    > without a date on the horizon ... pure 'pins and needles' .... Any reasurance or
    > words ... that it will happen soon ... much appreciated !!!!!
    >
    > Thank You!!!!!!! Yulia and Charlie:))
    >

The last one I saw posted anywhere for K-1 was 6/20/02 with a 4/15/02 NOA1 date. So
the 70 days seems to be pretty close. Of course - in theory - which never works with
INS, that would mean they are working those with NOA1's dated 4/25/02.

I read another post from someone who went through Vermont who got NOA2 less than 3
weeks after NOA1. Then complained it might take 3 more long months for the interview.
I'd cut off [selected anatomy] if it only took that long. As luck would have it, I
have the slow-2, NSC and GZ. December is my wildest dream and may be February.
Wait....wait....wait..... -Don

Jerry Neslund Jul 1st 2002 8:20 pm

Tuesday July 2 will be 80 days and still impatiently waiting.

PEACHSTER wrote:

>WOW Nebraska is very slow now. :( Damn I wish they would speed things up a bit. I
    >guess I have a bit of a wait cause I am only at 40 days with my petition. Doesn't
    >seem like we have waited for 40 days tho. I gotta say it has went by fast but I
    >been use to this waiting for the past few years. Waiting to see my honey, waiting
    >to see him again. LOL I guess I am use to it now. LOL That dont mean I'm not antsy
    >tho... heh
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Kathy Jul 2nd 2002 3:20 am

OK guys and gals i know i'm gonna sound real dumb here but we will also be goin
through Nebraska and yes I have read the postings that they are so so slow.

The dummy me question is this...... when you give your day numbers, does this mean
that you got the 1st notice to say they received your petition and you are counting
the days for the actual thing saying YES your petition has been approved for your
fiance visa???

I'm so sorry but this really confuses me to death but gonna go through it real soon
so need to ask although it's embarrassing to sound so dumb.

Yours blushing in embarrassment

Jerry Neslund <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Tuesday July 2 will be 80 days and still impatiently waiting.
    >
    > PEACHSTER wrote:
    >
    > >WOW Nebraska is very slow now. :( Damn I wish they would speed things up a bit. I
    > >guess I have a bit of a wait cause I am only at 40 days with my petition. Doesn't
    > >seem like we have waited for 40 days tho. I gotta say it has went by fast but I
    > >been use to this waiting for the past few years. Waiting to see my honey, waiting
    > >to see him again. LOL I guess I am use to it now. LOL That dont mean I'm not antsy
    > >tho... heh
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >--
    > >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Jerry Neslund Jul 2nd 2002 6:20 am

Re: Anyone approved from Nebraska lately???? NO!!!!

Hi Kathy,

When they send your notice of receipt, it has a recorded date and a case number. The
case status information phone number is a waste of time and long distance dimes. It's
been 77 days since my official recorded date and the message has not changed. All it
says is that they received the application and will mail a decision in 70-100 days.

Hope that helps, Jerry

kathy wrote:

>OK guys and gals i know i'm gonna sound real dumb here but we will also be goin
    >through Nebraska and yes I have read the postings that they are so so slow.
    >
    >The dummy me question is this...... when you give your day numbers, does this mean
    >that you got the 1st notice to say they received your petition and you are counting
    >the days for the actual thing saying YES your petition has been approved for your
    >fiance visa???
    >
    >I'm so sorry but this really confuses me to death but gonna go through it real soon
    >so need to ask although it's embarrassing to sound so dumb.
    >
    >Yours blushing in embarrassment
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Jerry Neslund <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >
    >>Tuesday July 2 will be 80 days and still impatiently waiting.
    >>
    >>PEACHSTER wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>>WOW Nebraska is very slow now. :( Damn I wish they would speed things up a bit. I
    >>>guess I have a bit of a wait cause I am only at 40 days with my petition. Doesn't
    >>>seem like we have waited for 40 days tho. I gotta say it has went by fast but I
    >>>been use to this waiting for the past few years. Waiting to see my honey, waiting
    >>>to see him again. LOL I guess I am use to it now. LOL That dont mean I'm not antsy
    >>>tho... heh
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >

PEACHSTER Jul 2nd 2002 9:28 am

Originally posted by Jerry Neslund
Tuesday July 2 will be 80 days and still impatiently waiting.

Damn 80 days is way too long to wait. I hope you get approved soon. Really wish Nebraska would get speedy again but I dont see any hope anytime soon. :(

Gary Mosley Jul 2nd 2002 2:20 pm

[email protected] (kathy) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > OK guys and gals i know i'm gonna sound real dumb here but we will also be goin
    > through Nebraska and yes I have read the postings that they are so so slow.
    >
    > The dummy me question is this...... when you give your day numbers, does this mean
    > that you got the 1st notice to say they received your petition and you are counting
    > the days for the actual thing saying YES your petition has been approved for your
    > fiance visa???
    >
    > I'm so sorry but this really confuses me to death but gonna go through it real soon
    > so need to ask although it's embarrassing to sound so dumb.
    >
    > Yours blushing in embarrassment
    >
    > We originally submitted the last of April. I received a rejection notice and all of
    > my paperwork back because they said I didn't send the money for the petition. The
    > money order fell out of the envelope onto my lap as I was opening it. The rejection
    > notice was dated May 2, 2002.
The paperwork was resubmitted and the NOA for that was dated May 10, 2002. We are on
day 53 as of the 10th of May. The wait is to long. I wonder if they have heard of
overtime, I sure work enough of it.

Gary
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Jerry Neslund <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tuesday July 2 will be 80 days and still impatiently waiting.
    > >
    > > PEACHSTER wrote:
    > >
    > > >WOW Nebraska is very slow now. :( Damn I wish they would speed things up a bit.
    > > >I guess I have a bit of a wait cause I am only at 40 days with my petition.
    > > >Doesn't seem like we have waited for 40 days tho. I gotta say it has went by
    > > >fast but I been use to this waiting for the past few years. Waiting to see my
    > > >honey, waiting to see him again. LOL I guess I am use to it now. LOL That dont
    > > >mean I'm not antsy tho... heh
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >--
    > > >Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > > >
    >

unnamed Jul 2nd 2002 11:49 pm

my husband and i filed an I-130 with nebraska. we were told 130-140 days. i kept calling and calling, then the last time i called it said 100-120 days. we were approved on the 100 day! timeline as follows. recieved date Nov. 27 approval date April 10th... he has also been approved from the NVC. just waiting on police records and interview date. so, a few more long months until we can be together.
Good Luck!!!

Bill Jul 7th 2002 1:20 am

I just want to share my timeline with everyone, now that my fiancée is here with me!!
She is from the Philippines, and we filed with the NSC.
2/28/02 Mailed I-129F to NSC
2/29/02 Received 1st NOA w/Receipt Date 3/7/02
2/30/02 Received 2nd NOA w/Approval, 35 days!!
2/31/02 My fiancée received Packet 3 from Manila Embassy
2/32/02 My fiancée had her medical and turned in packet 3 at St Luke's
2/33/02 My fiancée received her Visa by courier, 109 days from Receipt Date!!
2/34/02 My Fiancée arrived in Portland, Oregon to be with me. 120 days from Receipt
Date!! I hope our AOS goes as well. Bill

"PEACHSTER" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Paco Jul 7th 2002 11:20 am

I got approved by Nebraska in 63 days. I-129F for K-1 visa.

They received I-129F on Apil 12, this year They approved it June 14.

Don't check every day, it'll drive you nuts. Check twice a week, it'll happen.
Good luck.