Reload this Page >

Anybody here in SW Florida

Anybody here in SW Florida

Old Oct 31st 2017, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

bearclaire1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody here in SW Florida

Originally Posted by petepete99
Thanks for the replies all. My offices are based in Fort Myers, so I would really be limited to that area. I don't want to have a long commute, 30 mins max, I would say, so Cape Coral and North Naples are probably my limits in both directions. Certainly not entertaining the idea of Tampa or Sarasota!
From my friend

Hmm, not too many choices if he works in Ft. Myers. There are some nice areas in Ft. Myers by downtown area but other than that, it's either Estero or Punta Gorda but neither of those are super trendy hopping places.

Q:Any specific area downtown in FM?
A: I don't know the area too well. I really never go down there, but I know they are trying to revitalize the area and have put a lot of money into renovations. The only problem with downtown is that it is super close to Martin Luther King Blvd., which is NOT a good area
Old Oct 31st 2017, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

petepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearclaire1
From my friend

Hmm, not too many choices if he works in Ft. Myers. There are some nice areas in Ft. Myers by downtown area but other than that, it's either Estero or Punta Gorda but neither of those are super trendy hopping places.

Q:Any specific area downtown in FM?
A: I don't know the area too well. I really never go down there, but I know they are trying to revitalize the area and have put a lot of money into renovations. The only problem with downtown is that it is super close to Martin Luther King Blvd., which is NOT a good area
Hmm okay, thanks for that. That's quite helpful actually. I did read that MLK was not a good area so will steer clear of that.

My company's offices in Fort Myers have more than 1,000 people and of more than half of them, average age is 26, so I am sure they could also offer me some insight.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 12:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petepete99
Hmm okay, thanks for that. That's quite helpful actually. I did read that MLK was not a good area so will steer clear of that.

My company's offices in Fort Myers have more than 1,000 people and of more than half of them, average age is 26, so I am sure they could also offer me some insight.
Then there you go. At that age, many will be married but many will also be single. Not only will they know good areas of Fort Myers to look at for an apartment, one might also want or need a roommate, at least to you get on your feet. If some of them are Brits, you might also have companions for pub visiting after working hours.

Re: MLK, while housing is not where you want to look, there is a diner just under the start of the overpass into the city with a 50's theme and great diner food. I would sell half my soul for a good diner here in the south where food is not fried, breaded, smoked or sauced to death.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

petepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond reputepetepete99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Then there you go. At that age, many will be married but many will also be single. Not only will they know good areas of Fort Myers to look at for an apartment, one might also want or need a roommate, at least to you get on your feet. If some of them are Brits, you might also have companions for pub visiting after working hours.

Re: MLK, while housing is not where you want to look, there is a diner just under the start of the overpass into the city with a 50's theme and great diner food. I would sell half my soul for a good diner here in the south where food is not fried, breaded, smoked or sauced to death.
My thinking exactly with the office/roommate stuff.

Haha thanks for the diner tip. I will try and remember that one!