Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anybody here have family that will refuse to visit US due to gun fears?

Anybody here have family that will refuse to visit US due to gun fears?

Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody here have family that will refuse to visit US due to gun fears?

Big thumbs, small screen, should stick to a keyboard.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:47 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody here have family that will refuse to visit US due to gun fears?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Big thumbs, small screen, should stick to a keyboard.
Said the bishop ...

Anyway, moving on. No, of course none of my relatives are refusing to come here due to fear of being shot. That's ridiculous, literally hundreds of millions of people don't get shot every day in the US.

Honestly ...

Of course, if I lived in downtown Detroit, they might have had different ideas.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

or Australia?

Knifed or held hostage.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:52 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

the only people i knew here in the US that have died from guns shot were actually British and the guy shot his wife and then himself inside their own home.

Everywhere is dangerous, yes guns are more available here but you can be run over and killed by a rubbish truck while out doing your crimbo shopping so you have to accept you will die someday and get on and live your life as best you can for as long as it lasts.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:52 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celticgrid
More insight into your ramblings. You get all your facts from movies.

Fictional movies. You know, made up words? Not real?

You really know how to make your case, don't you?
Here are the 3 most recent "mass shootings" to my knowledge if I have missed any please tell me. Philly area around about dec 13th guy going kill round killing his family. Portland before that like December 6th was that? And Seattle in which several people dead at the school around Halloween time wasn't it? So 3 mass shootings in 2 months 3 too many but hardly enough to scare a person from going to a place and they are not a daily occurrence by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 23rd 2014 at 4:55 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I was being a mean pedant ...
Rare thing around these parts...

#sarcasm
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
Everywhere is dangerous ...
Damn right. My daughter nearly pushed me down the stairs yesterday trying to hit me in the arse with our cloakroom door

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Rare thing around these parts...

#sarcasm
Rare indeed ...
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

johnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond reputejohnnybrown532 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
the only people i knew here in the US that have died from guns shot were actually British and the guy shot his wife and then himself inside their own home.

Everywhere is dangerous, yes guns are more available here but you can be run over and killed by a rubbish truck while out doing your crimbo shopping so you have to accept you will die someday and get on and live your life as best you can for as long as it lasts.

Quite true everywhere is dangerous but some places are the safest they have ever been. New York is headed for it's lowest murder total ever as is Kansas City MO and a few other cities and wasn't it this summer or last summer there wasn't a single murder in Portland Oregon over the entire summer for like 80 or 90 days the city didn't record a single murder.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:00 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
Quite true everywhere is dangerous but some places are the safest they have ever been. New York is headed for it's lowest murder total ever as is Kansas City MO and a few other cities and wasn't it this summer or last summer there wasn't a single murder in Portland Oregon over the entire summer for like 80 or 90 days the city didn't record a single murder.
Meanwhile, in Chicago:

Environmental Study Finds Air In Chicago Now 75% Bullets | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

Chicago has more murders in TOTAL than new york does not per capita but new york has like 3x the population. Maybe chicago has a bigger gang problem?. But new york has gangs too it's not like they don't? Detroit never changes and baltimore can never get their murder count to below 200. Only once in 40 years have they done it. It was 234 when David Simon covered the murder squad in for all of 1988 for his book and I think like 210 and 200 is considered as some sort of benchmark.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 23rd 2014 at 5:14 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

It's very amusing how Johnny Boy pretends to have experience of American life...
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hotscot
It's very amusing how Johnny Boy pretends to have experience of American life...
I can read very well. I read the chicago, baltimore, new york, kansas city and st louis news online just for the fun of it. It's all straight up shootings and criminals going after criminals, but Detroit is different. It is sick for some reason the people are sick they must be it never ends no matter what the police do headless bodies burnt bodies, dismembered bodies they find them all the time. I think chicago just hasn't the money to combat crime like new york does for instance.

I would go anywhere in America but detroit.

Last edited by johnnybrown532; Dec 23rd 2014 at 5:36 pm.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:34 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Anybody here have family that will refuse to visit US due to gun fears?

Originally Posted by johnnybrown532
There is more chance of being hit by lightning than being shot during a mass shooting incident!
. Perhaps the op should send his family a weather report. Floods, lightning storms, hail storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, and let's not forget the earthquakes, landslides and sinkholes which will surely scare the socks off them so the least of their worries will be about the fear of shootings.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
. Perhaps the op should send his family a weather report. Floods, lightning storms, hail storms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, and let's not forget the earthquakes, landslides and sinkholes which will surely scare the socks off them so the least of their worries will be about the fear of shootings.
And perhaps they shouldn't cross the street and heavens forbid if they were ever a passenger in a car.
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Notice how the OP sets up these inflammatory questions then disappears?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.