Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anybody had success with Monster.com?

Anybody had success with Monster.com?

Old Mar 20th 2004, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anybody had success with Monster.com?

Thinking about putting my resume online at Monster.com. Just hoping to hear back from anybody who has had any success with this.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:30 am
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

The only replies from employers seeing my resume on Monster.com have been for insurance sales......
Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:13 pm
Banned

JulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to allJulianB is a name known to all
Default Re: Anybody had success with Monster.com?

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Thinking about putting my resume online at Monster.com. Just hoping to hear back from anybody who has had any success with this.
YES. I got myself an amazing break here by perseverence with Monster. What's your line of work?
Old Mar 21st 2004, 7:28 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RoB1833
The only replies from employers seeing my resume on Monster.com have been for insurance sales......
Great if you are in the insurance business
Old Mar 21st 2004, 9:32 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by ScousePete
Great if you are in the insurance business
I think these are companies that send out interview offers to just about everyone with a new resume on there.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Depending on your line of work, I think there's no harm done. I'm yet another IT drone, and posted mine up there when I got here. I did get a few calls, and an interview or two (Didn't get the job's but I got a foot in the door).

MY current job, I got on Careerbuilder.com. So yeah, it's not a total waste of time, at least from my perspective.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JulianB
YES. I got myself an amazing break here by perseverence with Monster. What's your line of work?
Printing/reprographics. Moved more into the digital side of things now though. I've put it on there. Cannot hurt I guess.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I've actually had a few leads and even interviews. More so from recruters using Monster to do some behind the scene candidate profiling.

I wouldn't rely on Monster alone as a job application vehicle, it is too downhearting sending your resume and cover letter off into the www never to get a response most of the time.

I had some luck with my local online job sites. Landed my current job via Washingtonpost.com/Jobs. Amazed even my own sceptical use of these tools.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:36 pm
I love my sailor.

Marjeta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pimpbot
Just hoping to hear back from anybody who has had any success with this.
Nope, not at all.