Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anybody in Atlanta, I need a kilt!

Anybody in Atlanta, I need a kilt!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

dolydd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody in Atlanta, I need a kilt!

Question to anybody in or around Atlanta. I have a wedding in atlanta this weekend, I have a kilt but no Sporran!!!!
Anybody know if their is a tartan hire shop or a celtic shop in Atlanta.

I am desperate, I ordered one from the UK, but have been told today that it wont be here in time!!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 1:57 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody in Atlanta, I need a kilt!

Originally posted by dolydd
Question to anybody in or around Atlanta. I have a wedding in atlanta this weekend, I have a kilt but no Sporran!!!!

I am desperate, I ordered one from the UK, but have been told today that it wont be here in time!!!
I'd lend you mine but it's a bit far to drive from Texas.

I couldn't find a hire store but you could maybe contact these guys to see if they could lend you one.
http://www.atlantapipeband.com/
http://www.mindspring.com/~atlbrnch/

Here's a list of Brit stores in GA
http://www.britainusa.com/atlanta/ot...5&other_ID=256
and a site for weddings in Atlanta

http://www.atlantabridal.com/local/a...ory=Formalwear

Good luck!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anybody in Atlanta, I need a kilt!

You could also try any local theatre.
They'll probably put you in contact with any prop/costume hire companies in the area.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot for your help, I actually searched online for a couple of hours and found a shop called the celtic-cupboard about 20 minutes from my home. Never even knew it was there!
Phoned them up and they have just started taking orders for kilts, so they had one sporran on display in the shop and let me buy it

My wife went to pick it up and called me from the shop and told me they sell, PG tips, hob nobs, flakes and the best yet Irn Bru

Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot for your help, I actually searched online for a couple of hours and found a shop called the celtic-cupboard about 20 minutes from my home. Never even knew it was there!
Phoned them up and they have just started taking orders for kilts, so they had one sporran on display in the shop and let me buy it

My wife went to pick it up and called me from the shop and told me they sell, PG tips, hob nobs, flakes and the best yet Irn Bru

Mine and DaveC's fee is a Cadburys flake each )
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

LOL.
No problem
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL.
No problem
Email or fax it to me and I'll fax back the empty wrapper )
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:13 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Mine and DaveC's fee is a Cadburys flake each )
Actually, with Easter coming up could I have a Creme Egg instead please? Ta!