Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any 'UK'ers in West Palm Beach, FL or Port St Lucie, FL??

Wikiposts

Any 'UK'ers in West Palm Beach, FL or Port St Lucie, FL??

Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Caz77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Any 'UK'ers in West Palm Beach, FL or Port St Lucie, FL??

Hey all,

Caz here, a London born expat recently moved to FLA wondering if there are any likeminded UK peeps in the West Palm Beach, Florida area or Port St Lucie, FL area.

Holla back, especially if you want to reminisce about the UK music we miss being over here - US music is appalling!!

Caz77
Old Mar 31st 2010, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Tannedsilk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any 'UK'ers in West Palm Beach, FL or Port St Lucie, FL??

Originally Posted by Caz77
Hey all,

Caz here, a London born expat recently moved to FLA wondering if there are any likeminded UK peeps in the West Palm Beach, Florida area or Port St Lucie, FL area.

Holla back, especially if you want to reminisce about the UK music we miss being over here - US music is appalling!!

Caz77
Hi Caz

I feel your pain, I moved to PSL 5 years ago and I agree the music is dire.

Not sure what you're into. I'm into RnB, Neo-soul, Reggae, etc. I listen to this station a lot there are a few others around that mostly play the lil wayne et al genre.

http://delicast.com/radio/west-palm-beach/B106.3

Welcome to the Sunshine State
Old May 5th 2010, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

divewally is an unknown quantity at this point

RETIREE:Hi I,m a newbie to this forum and have joined as I,m considering relocating for the winter (primarily) and Florida seems to me to be a good bet. Reading articles is fine but I,ve always found recommendation, advice and friendly comment to be well worth receiving. I'd appreciate any advice or tips you can give me (if you can spare me the time). I,m inclined to rent or take a trailer hire (??) where I have little commitment if I dont like it or get bored/homesick(which having read the comments on this forum is unlikely!) I dont need to work anymore if I don't wish to but having a low boredom threshold I might ponder a business in the future or do something on line to "earn a bob or two"! I'd like to travel extensively in the US whilst there, hence my thoughts towards a camper (if it warm enough/viable). I,m a single guy (54) so only have myself to think about.
I welcome new friends to write to generally, so please do drop me a line. Cheers Ray (scuba diving skiier -ex pat in Guernsey)
Old May 19th 2010, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tannedsilk
Hi Caz

I feel your pain, I moved to PSL 5 years ago and I agree the music is dire.

Not sure what you're into. I'm into RnB, Neo-soul, Reggae, etc. I listen to this station a lot there are a few others around that mostly play the lil wayne et al genre.

http://delicast.com/radio/west-palm-beach/B106.3

Welcome to the Sunshine State
Thanks TannedSilk for the welcome!

Gosh I haven't been on this forum for a minute!
Have you checked out that Jr Gong/Naz collab "Distance Relatives?" sounds pretty good!

Do wish there were more alternative radio stations that played the likes of Todd Edwards, Basement Jaxx, even some Catatonia, Blur, Keane....i'll check out your link though!

Have a good one
Old May 19th 2010, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by divewally
RETIREE:Hi I,m a newbie to this forum and have joined as I,m considering relocating for the winter (primarily) and Florida seems to me to be a good bet. Reading articles is fine but I,ve always found recommendation, advice and friendly comment to be well worth receiving. I'd appreciate any advice or tips you can give me (if you can spare me the time). I,m inclined to rent or take a trailer hire (??) where I have little commitment if I dont like it or get bored/homesick(which having read the comments on this forum is unlikely!) I dont need to work anymore if I don't wish to but having a low boredom threshold I might ponder a business in the future or do something on line to "earn a bob or two"! I'd like to travel extensively in the US whilst there, hence my thoughts towards a camper (if it warm enough/viable). I,m a single guy (54) so only have myself to think about.
I welcome new friends to write to generally, so please do drop me a line. Cheers Ray (scuba diving skiier -ex pat in Guernsey)
Hi Ray,

I'd say anywhere north of Broward county ie Palm Beach, Treasure Coast is going to be more laid back, South of Fort Lauderdale seems a bit more hectic and heavier populated but Miami is always a favorite coz of the nice beaches down there.

Stuart, Jensen Beach, and Vero arent as nice - they have that darkish sand that I do not prefer, and recent shark attacks have been reported (one guy wasnt so lucky in Stuart recently) but I understand the waters are more popular with surfers!

But what do I know? Heck i'm just glad for the sunshine and palm trees
Good luck and welcome in advance!
Old May 24th 2010, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Aljarov is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Caz

We're going to be in Jupiter for the summer (2 months probably), looking for find some Brits myself to enjoy the World Cup with, especially England games. I'm the only Brit in the household. Would be good if we could find some more to arrange some footy/soccer viewing parties.

Hopefully some more people see this thread and respond. When we were in WPB a couple of weekends ago there were tons of Brits everywhere, they can't ALL be tourists, surely?!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:05 am
Just Joined

SankarDas is an unknown quantity at this point

The amenities you will enjoy in your vacation rental exceed those available in the typical hotel. Cable TV, Internet, telephone service, refrigerator, range, dishes, linens, towels, cutlery, laundry facilities and more space!

Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:42 am
Just Joined

In the south, Indian hill stations are popular for the lustrous waterfalls, plantations, caves and Lakes. Kodiakanal is popular among tourists because of the verdurous forests, monolithic rocks and waterfalls that define the tranquility of the place. Ooty is another most sought after destination by tourists traveling in this part of the country.

beachesusa.com
Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Lake Texoma Texas Is located on the Red River. Pool level is approximately 615 ft mls with a fluctuation average of 5 to 8 ft annually. The normal lake water is moderate to clear. Lake Texoma has a surface area of 74,686 acres with maximum depth of 100 ft.

highlandlake.org