Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Social Media Exchange Groups?

Any Social Media Exchange Groups?

Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

ChronowerX_GT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any Social Media Exchange Groups?

Hey, this might be a weird question. I'm still in the UK and would really like to interact with some people from the US. Does anyone know any Facebook groups of forums of people who essentially want to talk to Brits to learn about each other's countries? I'm not quite sure where to start.

Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Social Media Exchange Groups?

Originally Posted by ChronowerX_GT
Hey, this might be a weird question. I'm still in the UK and would really like to interact with some people from the US. Does anyone know any Facebook groups of forums of people who essentially want to talk to Brits to learn about each other's countries? I'm not quite sure where to start.

Thanks
What's wrong with this forum?! Lots of Brits, lots of Americans, and lots of dual......
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Haha nothing. I'm new here so I didn't know how 'social' these forums are compared to a social media platform. Wasn't sure if people mainly just came here for advice
Old Jun 13th 2019, 2:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Haha nothing. I'm new here so I didn't know how 'social' these forums are compared to a social media platform. Wasn't sure if people mainly just came here for advice
Check out the Trailer Park sub-forum of the US Forum. The US forum can get quite chatty, but the Trailer Park is pure chat.

Personally I'd recommend joining the conversation in other threads before starting too many of your own as threads by newbies may not get much attention.
Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:01 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you know where in the US you are going to - you can often find facebook groups for brits in the area, There is one for my city as well as the larger DFW area. I would not say they are heavily used though.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 3:12 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

He's not looking for Brits but for an American.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies everyone. Even Brits in the areas I'm thinking of is actually a good idea since they'll have experienced the cultural transition. Although I don't think Georgia is the most common destination for Brits :/

I might take Pulaski's advice and banter around the Trailer Park for a bit
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thanks for the replies everyone. Even Brits in the areas I'm thinking of is actually a good idea since they'll have experienced the cultural transition. Although I don't think Georgia is the most common destination for Brits :/

I might take Pulaski's advice and banter around the Trailer Park for a bit
Great idea .

We were the social media platform before social media platfors appeared . The co-founders started this exactly so folks could care and share across the assorted ponds. Hopefully you'll get a feel for things .
Old Jun 14th 2019, 2:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

... Although I don't think Georgia is the most common destination for Brits ....
That would be Florida!

We do actually have several active members living in Georgia, both in the Atlanta area, and further out in the more interesting parts.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Great idea .

We were the social media platform before social media platfors appeared . The co-founders started this exactly so folks could care and share across the assorted ponds. Hopefully you'll get a feel for things .
Well before web forums social media meant Usenet newsgroups, and if my grasp of BritishExpats.com history is correct, the marriage-based sub-forum here was originally fed from the alt.visa.us.marriaged-based newsgroup.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rpjs
Well before web forums social media meant Usenet newsgroups, and if my grasp of BritishExpats.com history is correct, the marriage-based sub-forum here was originally fed from the alt.visa.us.marriaged-based newsgroup.
Correct for that.

Rete was right there back then.

Old Jun 16th 2019, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That would be Florida!

We do actually have several active members living in Georgia, both in the Atlanta area, and further out in the more interesting parts.
Well not too far away then I've got a friend who's moving to Florida next year. I might take the odd trip there haha.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That would be Florida!

Hello!
35 miles south of Atlanta on the edge of the cultural cliff - I jest, but maybe not too much.

Florida is a couple of hours further south - about 4 hours to places like Pensacola for a bit of all year round sun and sea, or 6-7 hours to Orlando (done it a few times now - in fact, we even flew into Orlando once as the flight prices were crazy cheap in comparison to Atlanta at the time).
Old Jun 17th 2019, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by robtuck
..... 35 miles south of Atlanta on the edge of the cultural cliff - I jest, but maybe not too much.
Not too much in deed - don't you have a NASCAR track in your back yard? I drove down there to see the last race of 2000, and it is indeed a cliff!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's about 30 miles due East from here, Atlanta Motor Speedway.

We also have lots of filming, most of the Marvel stuff is filmed here at Pinewood Studios, The Walking Dead is filmed in our County with most of it based in Senoia and they use Downtown Newnan for lots of filming requiring a "Southern Charm" style location.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.