Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations of good towns for families in new jersey

Any recommendations of good towns for families in new jersey

Old May 17th 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recommendations of good towns for families in new jersey

Hi
Hopefully our lease will be agreed this week but when we were looking I used to go on http://new.gsmls.com/publicsite/index.jsp daily to look for rentals. (My relocation realtor advised that website was the one they use and updated the most frequently) Some do have availability dates quite far in the future so I would def be checking now for August as ours is for July and only just getting sorted. Had a quick peek and there are quite a few for Bernards Twp and Bernardsville, less in Peapack and Gladstone. Basking Ridge comes under Bernards Twp I think. Once we were sure of our dates I had a weekend looking with a realtor and already knew them inside and out and what schools they were in catchment for etc so really trip was just to confirm what I already thought.
Hope you find something you like. I found that at the moment they are moving quite quickly.

HTH
Old May 17th 2012, 6:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum 2 3
Hi
Hopefully our lease will be agreed this week but when we were looking I used to go on http://new.gsmls.com/publicsite/index.jsp daily to look for rentals. (My relocation realtor advised that website was the one they use and updated the most frequently) Some do have availability dates quite far in the future so I would def be checking now for August as ours is for July and only just getting sorted. Had a quick peek and there are quite a few for Bernards Twp and Bernardsville, less in Peapack and Gladstone. Basking Ridge comes under Bernards Twp I think. Once we were sure of our dates I had a weekend looking with a realtor and already knew them inside and out and what schools they were in catchment for etc so really trip was just to confirm what I already thought.
Hope you find something you like. I found that at the moment they are moving quite quickly.

HTH
Take a look at Gary's Winestore in Bernardsville...he sells British goodies.
Old May 18th 2012, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Kabes is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rusty - will take a look at the distances etc altho think we are going to stick to the areas east of Hackettstown just to narrow it down a bit...
Mum23 thanks for the website its really useful and good luck with your move!