Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any recent I-130 filing in London experiences?

Any recent I-130 filing in London experiences?

Old Dec 18th 2001, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

bwelburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Is there any one out there that has recently or is currently going through the I-130 filing process at the London Embassy - what is the current time-line for completing the process (providing all documents are in place)?

At what point can you apply for the Police Record (do you need to wait for confirmation from the embassy or can I apply for my record now)?

How picky will they be about the photographs (I've seen the ADIT specification and was just wondering how close to this they have to be)?

Thanks in advance and good luck if you are going through the same process.

Old Dec 19th 2001, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point

No recent experience here, but it took me 10 weeks from petition to interview two years ago.

You can apply for the police certificate anytime you like. You don't need to provide a reason for doing this - it's your right to know what personal information is stored in any database.

Some people have reported providing very makeshift adit-style photos and not having a problem. The issue I see is that, if they don't meet the exact spec, you run the risk of their being rejected at the interview (which isn't the end of the world, but a major pain nevertheless). It's neither difficult nor expensive to have them done right at the start.