British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Any one else see this? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/any-one-else-see-75987/)

Donna Herboth Apr 27th 2002 11:10 pm

Any one else see this?

I filed the paperwork for the K-3 on April 1st. I've been calling and calling HOPING
that I'd hear that our paperwork has been approved (based on the recording I hear
paperwork of this type is taking 15- 21 days to be processed. I know that's not
realistic, but since I am lonely for my husband, I hope!! Monday was working day 15
and unfortunately as of last night, we still aren't approved) and then I see THIS:

"The following is from an AILA liaison committee teleconference with the MSC on
04/17/02: The INS has instituted additional service wide security measures which
require a name check in the IBIS system. As a result of this new requirement, the MSC
had to stop processing applications in order to install the necessary equipment and
train their personnel. The MSC processing of cases were interrupted for a 21-30 day
period. As of April 15th, 2002, the MSC is back up and operating in a normal manner.
They have a backlog as a result of the shut down and going forward the processing
times will be impacted due to the additional security clearance procedures required
for each case."

I found this information on Matthew Udall's web site: Processing times - the 4 INS
Service Centers

Sigh................

Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<HTML> I filed the paperwork for the K-3 on April 1st.&nbsp; I've been calling and
calling HOPING that I'd hear that our paperwork has been approved (based on the
recording I hear paperwork of this type is taking 15- 21 days to be processed.&nbsp;
I know that's not realistic, but since I am lonely for my husband, I hope!!&nbsp;
Monday was working day 15 and unfortunately as of last night, we still aren't
approved) and then I see THIS:

<P>"<I>The following is from an AILA liaison committee teleconference with the MSC on
04/17/02: The INS</I> <BR><I>has instituted additional service wide security
measures which require a name check in the IBIS system. As a</I> <BR><I>result of
this new requirement, the MSC had to stop processing applications in order to
install the necessary</I> <BR><I>equipment and train their personnel. The MSC
processing of cases were interrupted for a 21-30 day period.</I> <BR><I>As of
April 15th, 2002, the MSC is back up and operating in a normal manner. They have a
backlog as a</I> <BR><I>result of the shut down and going forward the processing
times will be impacted due to the additional</I> <BR><I>security clearance
procedures required for each case.</I>"

<Q>I found this information on Matthew Udall's web site: <BR>&nbsp;<A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/MDUdall/sctimes.htm">Processing times - the 4 INS
Service Centers</A>

<R>Sigh................</HTML

Zik Apr 28th 2002 5:10 am

Re: Any one else see this?

Donna Herboth <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I filed the paperwork for the K-3 on April 1st. I've been calling and calling
    > HOPING that I'd hear that our paperwork has been approved (based on the recording
    > I hear paperwork of this type is taking 15- 21 days to be processed. I know that's
    > not realistic, but since I am lonely for my husband, I hope!! Monday was working
    > day 15 and unfortunately as of last night, we still aren't approved) and then I
    > see THIS:
    >
    > "The following is from an AILA liaison committee teleconference with the MSC on
    > 04/17/02: The INS has instituted additional service wide security measures which
    > require a name check in the IBIS system. As a result of this new requirement, the
    > MSC had to stop processing applications in order to install the necessary equipment
    > and train their personnel. The MSC processing of cases were interrupted for a 21-30
    > day period. As of April 15th, 2002, the MSC is back up and operating in a normal
    > manner. They have a backlog as a result of the shut down and going forward the
    > processing times will be impacted due to the additional security clearance
    > procedures required for each case."
    >
    > I found this information on Matthew Udall's web site: Processing times - the 4 INS
    > Service Centers
    >
    > Sigh................
    >
    > --

yeah this is unfortunately correct, my USC fiancee called last week the VSC to check
on the status of her petition, since our petition has been there for 48 days, and
before they asked her about the case number, they told her to expect 30 days of
delay because few weeks ago they were mandated to start doing more background
checks. Then the INS officer asked jennifer about her case number, and told her
everything looks normal.

Zik