Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

For any Houston based people

For any Houston based people

Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default For any Houston based people

Hi,

Just a quick question,

Where is the best place to go buy a road racer bicycle?

There are loads of places listed on the net, so if anyone has some recommends it would be great.

cheers

Arbroath
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For any Houston based people

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Hi,

Just a quick question,

Where is the best place to go buy a road racer bicycle?

There are loads of places listed on the net, so if anyone has some recommends it would be great.

cheers

Arbroath

You might want to google sun and ski sports. There are a few in and around Houston and have a lot of road racer bikes.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

Depends on how serious a bike you want. There are a couple of quality places, both on fm 1960, bike lane, and also bike barn. I'm not sure about south houston. But both those shops are great. they stock good quality bikes and will sort you out. Rather than some lesser quality shops who don't really have a clue what they are doing!

amanda
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amandabee
Depends on how serious a bike you want. There are a couple of quality places, both on fm 1960, bike lane, and also bike barn. I'm not sure about south houston. But both those shops are great. they stock good quality bikes and will sort you out. Rather than some lesser quality shops who don't really have a clue what they are doing!

amanda
cheers for all the help. found bikebarn today
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light

They are good arnt they. I got a REALLY comfy seat from them. I was going to get a new bike last summer, but I talked myself out of it.

Do you do much cycling? I did last summer, but have gone off the boil a bit!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for all the help. found bikebarn today
did you get one! I am missing you here in Dubai
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
did you get one! I am missing you here in Dubai
yea got a full carbon TREK for half the price i would pay in the UK and for that matter 3 times cheaper than in UAE..

God bless America....

AND the shop have a sale starting on Saturday so i will top up on all the accessories....

Mind you its Summer in Dubai coming up....
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Lucky bugger

It is crazy how cheap they are here! I will definatly be upgrading before I leave... so far I have just been adding on accessories. I had kind of narrowed down my choices for a new bike last summer, but then persuaded myself that I didnt need one
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lucky bugger

It is crazy how cheap they are here! I will definatly be upgrading before I leave... so far I have just been adding on accessories. I had kind of narrowed down my choices for a new bike last summer, but then persuaded myself that I didnt need one
This bike i picked up for around 1200USD, the price in the UK is aroud 1200GBP....wooohoooo

I am just really getting into cycling after my friend in Scotland had an illness and the fact he was an avid cyclist and therefore fit as a fiddle, saved his life..

I wouldnt have even spent so much but i couldnt resist..

And now it gives my wife lots of ammunition to motovate me to get my arse out onto the roads of Abu Dhabi......

I notice your in the woodlands, very nice...was at the mall there last week..

Got friends in Spring, a lovely new area also..

Texas rocks
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

So are you just visiting here, or have you moved? I used to live in wales and Australia and LOVED to cycyle there. Lots of hills... nice scenery. I am struggling here, its just long flat roads, unless you get out of town.

The woodlands is good, but very Trueman show!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:25 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I highly recommend going across to the regional and roadie forums of www.bikeforums.net if you're looking for places and people to ride!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

The woodlands is good, but very Trueman show!

Excellent description Karma deserved.....
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Hey, I highly recommend going across to the regional and roadie forums of www.bikeforums.net if you're looking for places and people to ride!
thanks but i dont really have time while i am here as i am only here on business..

Thanks for the info though, i am always on the lookout for places and people to ride
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

So are you just visiting here, or have you moved?
just here on business.

Live in Abu Dhabi, UAE but am from Scotland (as my name prob gives away)

Its not a bad place here, you dont half get a lot of brick for your buck (so to speak)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:27 am
Account Closed

just here on business.

Live in Abu Dhabi, UAE but am from Scotland (as my name prob gives away)

Its not a bad place here, you dont half get a lot of brick for your buck (so to speak)

So it's starting to grow on you then? Come back in August and see how you feel then, especially when we get the hurricane panics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.