Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any hobbies, what are they?

Any hobbies, what are they?

Old Dec 4th 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Any hobbies, what are they?

What do you guys do when you are not either at work or on this board. Does anyone have an interesting hobby?

I play a mean game of golf, I shoot in the 80s (not bad for an "old person"). I also restore antique furniture. The last thing I did was a grand piano (Americans will pay for anything), although the customer was very impressed with it and paid what I asked without any question.

So, come on, what do you all do for fun, recreation?
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

This summer we discovered geocaching which is like treasure hunting with a GPS. It gets us out and about visiting new places, retracing steps at old haunts and finding out some interesting stuff about the area also.

Jan
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

I am trying to write. I'd like to write a book, but I find I get on the internet and then waste tons of time looking around and before you know it, it's time to pick my youngest up from nursery and my free time is gone

I love to read, and I enjoy cooking and unfortunately eating as well, hence my need to go to the gym
Old Dec 4th 2003, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any hobbies, what are they?

Originally posted by effi
What do you guys do when you are not either at work or on this board. Does anyone have an interesting hobby?

I play a mean game of golf, I shoot in the 80s (not bad for an "old person"). I also restore antique furniture. The last thing I did was a grand piano (Americans will pay for anything), although the customer was very impressed with it and paid what I asked without any question.

I love to play golf... my best round to date is an 87 (very proud of it)

I have 4 guitars (Jackson warrior, Fender Strat, accoustic and a semi accoustic which is my fave - can't wait to play on the beaches "gulfside" while my wife slaves over a BBQ)

I really want to get my private pilots licence (I am a 9th of the way there, but hope to finish it in Florida)

My wife and son are also my main hobby – making them happy makes me happy
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I go kart on a regular basis. I'm a member of a track in Phoenix that my brother in law first took me to before I moved here. We try to go once a week, mainly on the nights that members get discount. Its good fun, especially now that most of my family are members too.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a member of American Coaster Enthusiasts. I traveled from one end of this country to the other visitin themeparks and adding coasters to my track record. I've been to Cedar Point in Ohio lots of times. Millennium Force rules!!!!

Last edited by Jabba1; Dec 5th 2003 at 7:11 am.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Jabba1
I'm a member of American Coaster Enthusiasts. I traveled from one end of this country to the other visitin themeparks and adding coasters to my track record. I've been to Cedar Point in Ohio lots of times. Millennium Force rules!!!!

WOW... they look a little bit more extreme than Blackpool and Lightwater Valley (is that place still standing?)
Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:52 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jabba1
<<snip>>
I love rollercoasters and used to know an American in the Pittsburgh office who was a member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts.

I have family in OH and I'm waiting for the opportunity to go to Cedar Point!

NC Penguin
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by NC Penguin
I love rollercoasters and used to know an American in the Pittsburgh office who was a member of the American Coaster Enthusiasts.

I have family in OH and I'm waiting for the opportunity to go to Cedar Point!

NC Penguin
Cedar Point rocks and Millenium Force is something else!!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritishInOhio will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by effi

My hobbies now I am here in the US are bowling, I am in 2 leagues and really enjoy that. I love to go hiking too but there ain't too much here in Ohio, plus this time of year your in danger of getting shot by a hunter!!!!
I also enjoy reading and go to the movies a lot more here that I did at home too.
I follow Ohio State, so they kind of replaced Liverpool FC, but I do miss the Premiership I must admit.
I want to take music lessons soon but have to wait until wife graduates and get's job first.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:15 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I are computer game/LAN geeks. That's how we met, and it's how we had fun together while he was in Canada. Of course, there was no LAN until he got here, back then it was everything via IP connection. We won Baldur's Gate II last year. After we got our LAN connection a few months ago, we've been working on NWN.

Pugs are a big 'hobby' of ours too, we just love our little puggie Zuzu. And myself, I like reading...especially when there is a new Harry Potter book out. I love sci fi as well.

Juliet
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:36 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

DIY is a fav of mine at the moment, I am hoping to build a deck next spring, and I have done all my own landscaping.

When its cold and dark outside I am a pretty big Playstation 2 fan.

I have pretty active hobbies to, golf, windsurfing of course and also next year I will be trying out some kitesurfing.
Attached Thumbnails Any hobbies, what are they?-adam_03.jpeg  
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:08 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm pretty mainstream I'm afraid....cooking, gardening, etc....although did develop a serious addiction to Nintendo's Diddy Kong Racing one cold winter...I'm a pro!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BritishInOhio
I love to go hiking too but there ain't too much here in Ohio, plus this time of year your in danger of getting shot by a hunter!!!!
From what I've seen on the news lately, you have a good chance of getting shot riding down the freeway in Ohio!. Sounds like you have a sniper on the loose.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Yosser
I have pretty active hobbies to, golf, windsurfing of course and also next year I will be trying out some kitesurfing.

I forgot to mention my snowboarding
Attached Thumbnails Any hobbies, what are they?-chamonix.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.