Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any good expat resources for DC- websites, social clubs, etc?

Any good expat resources for DC- websites, social clubs, etc?

Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

knuckles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any good expat resources for DC- websites, social clubs, etc?

Hello,
My fiancee is a UK citizen who has been living in the DC area on a work visa for about a year. At times she misses England, and I am writing to inquire about any kind of socal organizations or events that are either sanctioned by the British embassy or any aligned parties. I play Australian football and have learned that there is a very active Aussie expat population in DC with a number of events each year put on by the embassy. If there is anything like this for the British expat scene, and you could point me towards it, I would greatly appreciate. My fiancee would as well.

Thank You,
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any good expat resources for DC- websites, social clubs, etc?

Originally Posted by knuckles
Hello,
My fiancee is a UK citizen who has been living in the DC area on a work visa for about a year. At times she misses England, and I am writing to inquire about any kind of socal organizations or events that are either sanctioned by the British embassy or any aligned parties. I play Australian football and have learned that there is a very active Aussie expat population in DC with a number of events each year put on by the embassy. If there is anything like this for the British expat scene, and you could point me towards it, I would greatly appreciate. My fiancee would as well.

Thank You,
Hi knuckles here is the website for Houston which will give you links to the rest of the USA....good luck
http://www.britainusa.com/houston/ot...6&other_ID=252
Old Jan 9th 2006, 8:52 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any good expat resources for DC- websites, social clubs, etc?

On a related point, anyone ever had any dealings with the British-American Business Council - are they worth joining for some expat meet ups ???

(I have refrained from posting the link to their website in order to avoid being accused of spamming but the OP might want to google the name to see if they have a group in the DC area).