British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Any Golfers in the Boston area? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/any-golfers-boston-area-436250/)

MrScotland Mar 21st 2007 7:05 pm

Any Golfers in the Boston area?

As (hopefully) the last snows of Winter are thawing and Spring has sprung I'm wondering if there are any hackers in the Boston area who fancy a regular golf game. When I say regular I mean, whenever her indoors will let me out long enough for 18 holes, and when I say hacker, I mean hacker.

Bob Mar 21st 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Any Golfers in the Boston area?

got any courses in mind?

I pretend to play now and again...but i'm well out in the burbs, couple of pretty good places around here though for not much money.

MrScotland Mar 21st 2007 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4543713)
got any courses in mind?

I pretend to play now and again...but i'm well out in the burbs, couple of pretty good places around here though for not much money.

I'm pretty flexible, i work out in Hudson, MA and have played a few courses out that way. Stow Acres, Butternut, Cyprian Keyes etc. Not much close to Boston that you can actually play anyway.

Bob Mar 21st 2007 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by MrScotland (Post 4543753)
I'm pretty flexible, i work out in Hudson, MA and have played a few courses out that way. Stow Acres, Butternut, Cyprian Keyes etc. Not much close to Boston that you can actually play anyway.

Hudson...that's a tad far out for my lazy arse...but there's a few places around Wayland...

My neighbour plays a fair bit, and he's trying to get a ryder cup thing going as he plays with a couple of aussies and a few other ex-pats, so that might be a laugh, I'll ask him where he plays next time I see him...but it might be sassamon or something like that?

Sandy Burr in Wayland is supposed to be alright, but it's a tad pricey...

conisby Mar 21st 2007 10:10 pm

Golf ruins a good walk...:D

Bob Mar 21st 2007 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by conisby (Post 4544031)
Golf ruins a good walk...:D

not if you spike it :D

MrScotland Mar 22nd 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4544030)
Hudson...that's a tad far out for my lazy arse...but there's a few places around Wayland...

My neighbour plays a fair bit, and he's trying to get a ryder cup thing going as he plays with a couple of aussies and a few other ex-pats, so that might be a laugh, I'll ask him where he plays next time I see him...but it might be sassamon or something like that?

Sandy Burr in Wayland is supposed to be alright, but it's a tad pricey...

I drive past Wayland Country Club most days on the way to work, haven't played there. I always thought it looked like it was an extension of the marshland around it. I've heard of Sandy Burr. I think they are both pretty good. Played at Leo Martin in Weston too many times. Now that place is a cow pasture with flags. I managed a game at The International last year, normally members only, that is a top notch course and the longest in the world.

Bob Mar 22nd 2007 3:44 am

Originally Posted by MrScotland (Post 4544789)
I drive past Wayland Country Club most days on the way to work, haven't played there. I always thought it looked like it was an extension of the marshland around it. I've heard of Sandy Burr. I think they are both pretty good. Played at Leo Martin in Weston too many times. Now that place is a cow pasture with flags. I managed a game at The International last year, normally members only, that is a top notch course and the longest in the world.

ouch...sounds a bit hard then :lol: Sassamon is good for a laugh, and $20 for 9 holes or was that 18, anyway, it was about half the price of sandy burr...but it's sassamon that the neighbour and his friends play at....though we all lack to much talent....my BIL though, he's disgustingly good.

MrScotland Mar 22nd 2007 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 4545264)
ouch...sounds a bit hard then :lol: Sassamon is good for a laugh, and $20 for 9 holes or was that 18, anyway, it was about half the price of sandy burr...but it's sassamon that the neighbour and his friends play at....though we all lack to much talent....my BIL though, he's disgustingly good.

I'm not very particular so wherever you fancy a game. It's probably going to be April before the courses really start to open up assumiing we don't get any more snow. Also need to get some range time in to see if my body can still swing a club. Is your email address posted somewhere on the forum?

Bob Mar 22nd 2007 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by MrScotland (Post 4546940)
I'm not very particular so wherever you fancy a game. It's probably going to be April before the courses really start to open up assumiing we don't get any more snow. Also need to get some range time in to see if my body can still swing a club. Is your email address posted somewhere on the forum?

swing a club? I'd settle for not looking like an epileptic monkey myself :lol: