Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any female brits close to Harrisburg Pa?

Any female brits close to Harrisburg Pa?

Old Dec 20th 2007, 2:40 am
Just Joined

sandy_lumb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any female brits close to Harrisburg Pa?

I've been here a couple of years and thought it would be nice to see if there are any brits around here who would like to chat!
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 3:31 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any female brits close to Harrisburg Pa?

Originally Posted by sandy_lumb
I've been here a couple of years and thought it would be nice to see if there are any brits around here who would like to chat!
I don't live in PA but I have family (my husband's sister) who live not far from Harrisburg. I visited her last Christmas and again this past summer.

She actually lives about 5 miles south of Carlisle. Where do you live?
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for replying....I actually moved to Carlisle this weekend! Is your husbands sister British? I have been trying to find a British shop up this way, (I used to live in Florida and there were loads of them there!) but cant find one here. Are you planning on visiting again?

Sandy
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 6:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for replying....I actually moved to Carlisle this weekend! Is your husbands sister British? I have been trying to find a British shop up this way, (I used to live in Florida and there were loads of them there!) but cant find one here. Are you planning on visiting again?

Sandy
My husband is American so is his sister. She moved to PA in the summer of 2006 partly because her husband's family lives in the area (Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg).

What brought you to the area? Is your husband in the US military?

I try to make it to my sister-in-law's once a year for my nephew or niece's birthday. This year, I was there for the nephew's seventh birthday.

I'll have to ask my SIL if she knows of any British stores. It's certainly not like Florida (with lots of expats).

If I were you, World Market (if they're even in PA) or TJ Maxx may have some British non-perishable foods. e.g. teas, cookies, chocolate.
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:26 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
My husband is American so is his sister. She moved to PA in the summer of 2006 partly because her husband's family lives in the area (Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg).

What brought you to the area? Is your husband in the US military?

I try to make it to my sister-in-law's once a year for my nephew or niece's birthday. This year, I was there for the nephew's seventh birthday.

I'll have to ask my SIL if she knows of any British stores. It's certainly not like Florida (with lots of expats).

If I were you, World Market (if they're even in PA) or TJ Maxx may have some British non-perishable foods. e.g. teas, cookies, chocolate.
The internet shop "British Goods on Line" is based in Harrisburg, don't know if they have an actual shop but at least the stuff would arrive quickly.

I am in PA and I find that the larger Giant Eagles carry some stuff.
There are various places here (Pittsburgh) that sell UK/European things and I can get the general stuff I want.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I get near Harrisburgh now and then .............. NOT FEMALE THOUGH

And it's actually New Holand or Hershey I deliver to
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:48 am
Just Joined

tracy.b is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm from the US originally, but my british husband and I live near Lancaster, PA and would love to meet any other expats in the area. And if you do find a good british store, please let us know! At the moment we're surviving on Lyle's golden syrup, Yorkie's, and Ribena from Weis Markets.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Tracy...

Thank you for your reply! I havent found a good British shop yet but we have just had a Wegmans store open up close to us and they have a small (very small) selection of British goods, better than nothing though! How long has your husband lived here in the States? I've been here for 8 years. Maybe we could exchange email addresses! Sandy
Old Feb 11th 2008, 6:17 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracy...

Thank you for your reply! I havent found a good British shop yet but we have just had a Wegmans store open up close to us and they have a small (very small) selection of British goods, better than nothing though! How long has your husband lived here in the States? I've been here for 8 years. Maybe we could exchange email addresses! Sandy
Hello

I'm in PA but not near you. I mentioned earlier that there is an internet shop "British Goods On Line" based in Harrisburg. I don't know if they have an actual shop but they sell loads of stuff on line and the delivery is excellent and fast. Even faster for you probably!.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Hey just saw this thread, I'm across the river from Harrisburg, in Camp Hill.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:27 pm
Curry Magnet

One Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant futureOne Hung Lo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tracy.b
I'm from the US originally, but my british husband and I live near Lancaster, PA and would love to meet any other expats in the area. And if you do find a good british store, please let us know! At the moment we're surviving on Lyle's golden syrup, Yorkie's, and Ribena from Weis Markets.
Hi Tracy, I just saw your email but can't send a PM as I have less than 3 posts. I moved from Wycombe to PA nearly 3 years ago, married to a Noo Yawker. We live in Lancaster having moved down from near Pottsville a couple of years ago. Linda and I would love to meet up with other ex-pats in the area.

[sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread ]

Oh, there is a Britain's Best store in Lancaster city; the address is 25 W King St, Lancaster, 17603, (717) 299-5541. It does all the usual suspects like Jaffa Cakes, Bisto Gravy Granules, bacon, pork sausages. It's small but has most of the stuff we tend to miss.

Best regards
Dave

Last edited by One Hung Lo; May 28th 2008 at 4:32 pm.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Babsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandy, we just moved to Carroll County, Maryland from Florida. Not too terribly far away I don't think. Google maps says about 60 miles...........
Old May 28th 2008, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi...Thank you for your reply! 60 miles isnt too far at all! I lived in Florida too for 5 years before moving up here to Pa about 3 years ago! Small world!! It would be nice to keep in touch, my email address is <<removed. Please use Private Messaging function when applicable>>

Sandy

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jun 2nd 2008 at 2:01 pm. Reason: See post
Old May 29th 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Babsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandy I just joined this website yesterday so I can't read your PM yet. My email is <<removed. Please use Private Messaging function when applicable>>. I'll see if I can grab yours off the post. I was in Florida for 18 long hot humid years, originally from Sussex.

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jun 2nd 2008 at 2:02 pm. Reason: See post
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:47 am
Just Joined

happy555 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am near York PA. Not to far from Harrisburg. I have just moved to the area and would love to meet other Brits!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.