Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any expats in Savannah, GA

Any expats in Savannah, GA

Old Nov 9th 2009, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

cosmicgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any expats in Savannah, GA

I have been here two years and have yet to really meet any fellow brits. Anyone else out there?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:11 am
LBT
Just Joined

LBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats in Savannah, GA

Hi, I just moved here with my husband (who is American). I'm from London and we moved from New York state to Savannah in September. Deb
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

cosmicgirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear from you. Do you have any children, i have a 3 year old little boy and another baby on the way. Where roughly do you live?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:14 pm
LBT
Just Joined

Hi, no I don't have children (congrats on the one on the way!) - my husband has 2 in their 20s. I'm guessing that makes us a bit older than you

He's 60 and I'm 45 (my name is Deb by the way). We live on Whitemarsh Island at the moment, looking to buy somewhere early next year. Where are you?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:59 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Deb, welcome to the Coastal Empire, , or as they say here, Hey.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:15 am
LBT
Just Joined

"Hey" Cindy! Seems like you've lived here a long time already?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:21 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LBT
"Hey" Cindy! Seems like you've lived here a long time already?
I'm the USC, (originally from New England) came here 17 years ago with ex (he was in the Army) and "imported" (courtesy of the internet) my UKC husband. He's been here 6 years now, originally from Birmingham.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:25 am
LBT
Just Joined

Same as me then - I met my husband on the internet, although it was a Scrabble playing website. Still playing Scrabble after 3 years...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:27 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by LBT
Same as me then - I met my husband on the internet, although it was a Scrabble playing website. Still playing Scrabble after 3 years...
Us on AOL chatroom, Life Begins at 40 UK.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

tevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nice

hi,

We just moved to Hilton Head SC from Australia (I'm from the UK).
SAV is pretty close, 40 mins.

cheers,
Andy
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:13 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by tevez
hi,

We just moved to Hilton Head SC from Australia (I'm from the UK).
SAV is pretty close, 40 mins.

cheers,
Andy
Hiya Andy, welcome to the Low Country,
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

tevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nicetevez is just really nice

hi,

What brings you to GA, settling in ok ? We're looking around for a place to stay for 6 mths\yr, not sure yet, HH is too 2nd home\golf resort looking for more of a town with downtown. Charleston is supposed to be good. Also FL or Myrtle. Do you use SAV to fly to the UK ?

cheers
Andy
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:37 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by tevez
hi,

What brings you to GA, settling in ok ? We're looking around for a place to stay for 6 mths\yr, not sure yet, HH is too 2nd home\golf resort looking for more of a town with downtown. Charleston is supposed to be good. Also FL or Myrtle. Do you use SAV to fly to the UK ?

cheers
Andy
Charleston is good, but I like Savannah, it's a city that is small enough to get your arms around. I remember some years that Hilton Head had trouble getting "ordinary" folks in to work in Mickey D's because the residents of HH just weren't those kind of people, .

I have used Savannah to fly to UK via Atlanta, DC, Charlotte and NY depending on what kind of deal I had on what airline. I used to do travel for JCB North America HQ in Savannah, and they all flew out of there to get back to the UK.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you are looking to fly to the UK or any other vacation, contact Cindyabs, she's our resident travel expert.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:58 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by bevinva
If any of you are looking to fly to the UK or any other vacation, contact Cindyabs, she's our resident travel expert.
can't karma you again, but Bless,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.