Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Ex-pats in Shreveport, Louisina? or close?

Any Ex-pats in Shreveport, Louisina? or close?

Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:34 am
Just Joined

Liselebrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Ex-pats in Shreveport, Louisina? or close?

Hi there,

Just puting out the feelers to see if there is anyone within a close range to me, Im in Shreveport, La, which is about 3-4 hours East from Dallas. Hope to hear from you all who are hiding in the swamps !!!!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

horntonhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Ex-pats in Shreveport, Louisina? or close?

Hey there, I am moving to Baton Rouge in August so am not going to be too far away. It all feels pretty scary at the moment but I am really looking forward to it. Would be great to chat sometime.

Damion
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

The Last Post is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a recent addition to the New Orleans 'massive'...

Distances between places are so big over here, that I've been reconditioned into thinking Shreveport is 'close'. Try telling that to the folk back home!

Anyway a quick hello from me, and I hope that things are going well for you in Shreveport.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

TigerFan55 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Liselebrit
Hi there,

Just puting out the feelers to see if there is anyone within a close range to me, Im in Shreveport, La, which is about 3-4 hours East from Dallas. Hope to hear from you all who are hiding in the swamps !!!!
I've been in New Orleans for a long time and I've never even been to Shreveport before. I drove through it once going to Dallas, but didn't stop. Even though it's in the same state, it's like a whole different world up there.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Nigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really nice

I'm here in Dallas, visited N O once but even for a city kid and one from the fighting back street pubs that place is scary when on your own!

Using my spider senses kept me safe but not comfortable!
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:15 am
Twice half his height

Knight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond reputeKnight has a reputation beyond repute

I live a little outside of Jackson up in MS, and me and the OH try to go to New Orleans 2/3 times a year. I really enjoy the city, for both the excellent food and the vibrant French Quarter.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Jimmy2baws is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there folks. I'm moving to Shreveport on Saturday 6th of Dec 2008. So excited, I have a beautiful girl there, and I can't wait to get there. I'm from Scotland, I'm an aircraft engineer by trade and I'm looking for work and access to a visa as I am only going on the 90 day waiver programme thing. How do I go about extending my stay? Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
Old Dec 7th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

You'll love LA. I can't say I have any experience of Shreeveport, but my wife's family are all from Thibodaux, which is about an hour SW of NO. I have to go there on business as I have a Cajun Restaurant in FL, also to Breaux Bridge and Lafayette. NO is a great place, but also a bit dodgy if you are out late walking around in the wrong places (which of course can be said of a lot of cities). But good food, and great music. Out in the sticks things are a bit different. Still good food, music and friendly people, but a lot slower and laid back. If you are not familiar with Cajun Food check this out, nice and spicy!!!

http://www.cajuncafeonthebayou.com/