Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any dealings with 'liquidexpatmortgages.com'?

Any dealings with 'liquidexpatmortgages.com'?

Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

BrightontoBoston will become famous soon enoughBrightontoBoston will become famous soon enough
Default Any dealings with 'liquidexpatmortgages.com'?

I have been trying to remortgage a UK property, but the UK banks don't play nicely these days when you try to remortgage, so I have been looking for solutions.
I came across a site advertising expat mortgages and emailed them. The next day after filling all their question's out I had a reply saying we were pre-approved.
It all seems a bit 'easy' having looked into it already. Maybe they are really good, googling the details they are registered with the FSA in the UK, but their office address is a house.....
Am I being overly cautious? There are some upfront fees required after an approval in principle. Anyone else with any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:17 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any dealings with 'liquidexpatmortgages.com'?

what kind of up front fees? Most fees can be rolled onto the new mortgage so unless i thought the fees were appropriate (like paying the surveyor upfront - could you pay them direct?) I would be a little concerned.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

BrightontoBoston will become famous soon enoughBrightontoBoston will become famous soon enough

they are 'broker' fees, there are still fees to pay to the mortgage lender - arrangement fees that can indeed be added to the mortgage.
I'm just a little 'cautious' I don't mind that there are fees, they are upfront and not trying to hide that, I just feel there are so many 'scammer's online these days..... I guess I could request proof from the lender that we are indeed 'agreed in principle' who we don't even know who they are yet!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:53 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if i remember correctly - we didnt pay the broker - the mortgage company they found for us paid them commission once it was a done deal. They had to state the relationship and level of compensation in the letter they sent us that we had to sign - but we didnt actually have to pay them ourselves. Im 100% this is true when we got our US mortgage - but im also fairly certain thats the case when we refinanced our UK mortgage several times over the years. At least i cant ever remember paying the broker and im sure that would stick in my mind.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

The registration information for 'liquidexpatmortgages.com' is here;
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois/...tmortgages.com

That points to ulyssesmarketing.com. Their info is here;
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois/...smarketing.com

Don't know if any of this is of any real use, but you may want to do a little research on it.