Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any cheap flights to UK in may?

Any cheap flights to UK in may?

Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:01 am
Just Joined

dukestravels1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any cheap flights to UK in may?

Going to Edinburgh from Oregon on 17th May. Cant find anything under $1000.
Where do you guys go for good flight prices? Hell I'll take anything under 1k. Thanks!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any cheap flights to UK in may?

Originally Posted by dukestravels1972
Where do you guys go for good flight prices? Hell I'll take anything under 1k. Thanks!
hipmunk.com
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:29 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

From the West Coast to Scotland in under a month's time? $1,000 might actually be a very good deal.

Do you have any scope to vary the airports you're using to see what that does to pricing? (e.g. have a bit of a drive at this end of the other if it saves you a reasonable enough amount of dosh).
Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Peachbythebeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, I just booked for 23 May and it was $1,100.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just looking up flights from the East Coast to LHR the other day and was surprised to find the cheapest were around the $800 mark. That was using Kayak.com. From Oregon I guess it must be more.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:25 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Just do a regular Kayak oe Expedia search,see what airlines come up the cheapest and then go directly to the site...9 times out of 10 you save a few $$$

You could bid on Priceline if you can leave it last minute
Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

May I respectfully remind everyone that there's some kind of little sporting event going on in London soon!

I flew ATL to LHR at the end of December and it was well over $700 then!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tonrob
From the West Coast to Scotland in under a month's time? $1,000 might actually be a very good deal.

Do you have any scope to vary the airports you're using to see what that does to pricing? (e.g. have a bit of a drive at this end of the other if it saves you a reasonable enough amount of dosh).
Yeah looked at all the UK airports. London is obviously the cheapest, with a train up to Edinburgh or hiring a car it wouldn't be worth it mate.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Guindalf
May I respectfully remind everyone that there's some kind of little sporting event going on in London soon!

I flew ATL to LHR at the end of December and it was well over $700 then!
Its over three months away though. I expect the prices into the UK will be absolutely huge. My wife seems to think my estimation of $3000 from west coast is dramatic. I disagree.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
hipmunk.com
$1240
Not so good...
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

The major airlines have already blacked out the days so you can't use airmiles, apparently they think that travellers will be travelling to the UK in May/June for the Olympics
We booked flights to Edinburgh by using airmiles from Anchorage to Boston then paid for flights from Boston to Edinburgh via Dublin with Aer Lingus. That was back in October and the transatlantic fares were $900 each back then.

I just got a deal on BA Anch - LHR for $930something but thats pre-May. Good luck !
Old Apr 20th 2012, 5:35 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

I paid $849, to fly Charlotte to London to Inverness.

I booked this back in Nov.

Normal price was around $1280, I set up an alert on Kayak.com, when they emailed me that price I had it booked that morning.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Its over three months away though. I expect the prices into the UK will be absolutely huge. My wife seems to think my estimation of $3000 from west coast is dramatic. I disagree.
Flights from Portland to London during the Olympics are running at about $1300 upwards at the moment. I booked ours last week and paid just over $1280 each. Thats for 25/8/12 to 8/8/12.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:58 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

SEA - MAN on BA $980

On the 16th PDX - MAN on UA $853

All found on Kayak

Last edited by lansbury; Apr 20th 2012 at 8:01 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

k1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nice

Try Icelandair.

We had a terrible time getting flights from Seattle to Glasgow this year due to the Olympics. We did end up getting some reasonable prices at Christmas through Icelandair.

Don't know where in Oregon you are but Portland is a 3.5 hour drive from Seatac. Glasgow and Edinburgh are about 1.5 hours apart. We got $3850 including tax for Two Adults and Two Kids at Christmas.

Last edited by k1journey; Apr 20th 2012 at 10:23 pm. Reason: Added price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.