Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Charlotte, NC N-400 interviews lately?

Any Charlotte, NC N-400 interviews lately?

Old Jun 28th 2005, 10:28 am
Banned

marasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the rough
Default Any Charlotte, NC N-400 interviews lately?

It seems like Charlotte NC is the slowest when it comes to the N-400 appointments, since they are now showing March 30, 2004 processing times.

Has anyone had an interview or interview notice from Charlotte, North Carolina lately, and when did such people file their applications?

By the way, it appears USCIS scammed people by raising fees $55 across the board, allegedly to better and make services better, yet only a few service centers and district offices actually have changed in any way.

Has anyone else noticed this official scam?
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:40 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Charlotte, NC N-400 interviews lately?

Originally Posted by marasmus
It seems like Charlotte NC is the slowest when it comes to the N-400 appointments, since they are now showing March 30, 2004 processing times.

Has anyone had an interview or interview notice from Charlotte, North Carolina lately, and when did such people file their applications?

By the way, it appears USCIS scammed people by raising fees $55 across the board, allegedly to better and make services better, yet only a few service centers and district offices actually have changed in any way.

Has anyone else noticed this official scam?

Here we go again. Why not join the rant by DanKaye on his thread. I'm sure your voice will sound good added to the multitude of other dissenters ;-)
Old Jun 28th 2005, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you, I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Ian
Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:40 pm
L D Jones

marasmus wrote:
    > It seems like Charlotte NC is the slowest when it comes to the N-
    > 400 appointments, since they are now showing March 30, 2004
    > processing times.
    >
    > Has anyone had an interview or interview notice from Charlotte, North
    > Carolina lately, and when did such people file their applications?
    >
    > By the way, it appears USCIS scammed people by raising fees $55 across
    > the board, allegedly to better and make services better, yet only a few
    > service centers and district offices actually have changed in any way.
    >
    > Has anyone else noticed this official scam?
    >

As a monopoly they can charge whatever they want. Whether the cost is
"fair" or not is another debate

Old Jun 29th 2005, 9:04 pm
Banned

marasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the roughmarasmus is a jewel in the rough

Ian,
Thanks for your advice, but FYI, USCIS is part of the federal govt so the BBB would not be able to intervene.

The problem seems to be that once people become USC they never push/advocate for the streamlining of USCIS, and so USCIS continues with their crapy service since their clients cant vote; naturalized USCs can bring change by nudging elected officials to push for change, to keep a vote.

This behavior of USCs, to me, is like graduating and forgeting your alma mater.

--------------------------------

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
If I were you, I'd file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Ian
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice, but FYI, USCIS is part of the federal govt so the BBB would not be able to intervene.
Oh, I'm sorry... in my 7+ years of dealing with USCIS I didn't realize it was part of the federal government and therefore immune from the BBB. You're not too quick on the uptake are you? The comment was rhetorical.

Ian
Old Jun 29th 2005, 10:56 pm
Banned

I knew you you were picking on me, but there goes a dose of your own medicine !

=============================

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Oh, I'm sorry... in my 7+ years of dealing with USCIS I didn't realize it was part of the federal government and therefore immune from the BBB. You're not too quick on the uptake are you? The comment was rhetorical.

Ian