Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any chance my Fiance can find a way to visit me in the USA.

Any chance my Fiance can find a way to visit me in the USA.

Old Sep 26th 2002, 8:48 pm
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any chance my Fiance can find a way to visit me in the USA.

My Fiance lives in Turkey and we have already started the K1 process. We have our petition in at the NSC with our first NOA on 8/3/02.

He has a week off for vacation time in December and wants to come to visit to meet my parents and help with the details for our future wedding.

He does not have an type of tourist visa to enter the United States. Now, I am feeling as though we should have tried for a tourist visa first and then later started the K1 process. At least then he would have a visa and be able to come see me.

Does anyone know if he will be able to get some type of visa to come in prior to the K1?
Please give any suggestions you can think of.

Thank You,

Judith
Old Sep 26th 2002, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any chance my Fiance can find a way to visit me in the USA.

Originally posted by ljudi72:
My Fiance lives in Turkey and we have already started the K1 process. We have our petition in at the NSC with our first NOA on 8/3/02.

He has a week off for vacation time in December and wants to come to visit to meet my parents and help with the details for our future wedding.

He does not have an type of tourist visa to enter the United States. Now, I am feeling as though we should have tried for a tourist visa first and then later started the K1 process. At least then he would have a visa and be able to come see me.

Does anyone know if he will be able to get some type of visa to come in prior to the K1?

Thank You,

Judith
Hi:

Let me put it this way -- he should apply for a tourist visa -- it is essential that he disclose the pending K-1, purpose is to plan wedding and he has every intention of return from the December trip.

What have you got to lose in trying?

If he does NOT ask: 100% sure he can't come before he gets the K-1.

Now say he does apply and there is only a 10% chance of getting the visa. Isn't 10% better than 0%.

If you don't bet you can't win and there is no downside to this bet.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ljudi72:

Thank You,

Judith
Hi:

Let me put it this way -- he should apply for a tourist visa -- it is essential that he disclose the pending K-1, purpose is to plan wedding and he has every intention of return from the December trip.

What have you got to lose in trying?

If he does NOT ask: 100% sure he can't come before he gets the K-1.

Now say he does apply and there is only a 10% chance of getting the visa. Isn't 10% better than 0%.

If you don't bet you can't win and there is no downside to this bet.
Old Sep 26th 2002, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I must be really confused on this topic. My fiance is coming in November to meet my family, help plan our wedding and spend the Thanksgiving holiday.

Although we are under the impression he could be denied entry due to our K1 application, in all the reading that we have done we have found that if you are honest with any questions asked, don't provide unnecessary details and also come with proof that they are planning to return to the home country there is a stronger chance they will be admitted without a hassle.

Has anyone else run into this lately? Is it imperative we apply for the tourist visa?
Old Sep 27th 2002, 4:06 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all

I think there is confusion here, because, coming from certain countries, you need a visum for just about anything, and coming from other countries, you just need your passport for a stay of no longer than three months in the USA.
My heritage is Dutch and before I met my fiancee (now my husband) I never needed a visum for any of the vacation travel to the states...
Old Sep 27th 2002, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Whew, I thought that I missed something along the way! Sometimes I have too much information about all of this swimming around in my head.

My fiance is Dutch as well so we should be fine