Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits In St. Louis

Any Brits In St. Louis

Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Mark&Debs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any Brits In St. Louis

Just curious if there are any Brits in and around the St. Louis metro area who might be interested in a meetup of some kind.

I found an earlier post along the same lines but that was over 6 months ago so I thought I start a new thread to see if we can actually get something going.

I've been living just over the river in Illinois for nearly 3 years and have worked in Clayton for 2 and even though I have a lot of great US friends, I've always thought it would be fun to compare notes with some other Brits who have wound up slap bang in the middle of this country they call America.

If anyone is interested in a get together then drop me a line and hopefully we can get something worked out.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Mark
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:20 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits In St. Louis

Sorry Mark, I'm a Yank. You might try the Taproom on Burns night though. I went a few years ago and besides being a blast, there were quite a few Brits there.

http://www.schlafly.com/burns.shtml
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:24 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark&Debs
Just curious if there are any Brits in and around the St. Louis metro area who might be interested in a meetup of some kind.

I found an earlier post along the same lines but that was over 6 months ago so I thought I start a new thread to see if we can actually get something going.

I've been living just over the river in Illinois for nearly 3 years and have worked in Clayton for 2 and even though I have a lot of great US friends, I've always thought it would be fun to compare notes with some other Brits who have wound up slap bang in the middle of this country they call America.

If anyone is interested in a get together then drop me a line and hopefully we can get something worked out.

Mark
Good to see you've ended up working in the state of 'Misery'. It's great knowing that you made St. Louis your home. I'm also a Yank, but a Yank with ties to the area. I think your best bet for comparing notes will be on this forum. But also keep looking around in the area as well.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Mark&Debs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any Brits In St. Louis

Thanks for the replies. I have been to the taproom a few times already and enjoyed the visits a lot. I much prefer their brews to the standard bud and miller offerings.

As for settling in the 'misery' state, I'm actually one of those folks who lives in Illinois but poached a job in Missouri. I also take full advantage of the cheaper gas west of the Mississippi.

I know I can't be the only displaced brit in the St. Louis area so I'll keep checking this thread in the hopes that some other like minded souls.

Thanks again for the hello's !!

Mark
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Gibbs has a spectacular aura aboutGibbs has a spectacular aura aboutGibbs has a spectacular aura about

.................................................. .....

Last edited by Gibbs; Sep 1st 2008 at 6:43 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

RickyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep ... living a stones throw from you in Lebanon, IL. Lived in Mt. Vernon, IL for 4 1/2 years and been in Lebanon since March 08.

Rick
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

mdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud ofmdglazerman has much to be proud of

Small world indeed... My inlaws live in Lebanon. You don't work at the State farm office in town do you ?... If so you're probably my new insurance agent !!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

RickyM is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha. No, I have an office in O'Fallon and Mt. Vernon and specialize only in large accounts for commercial (contractors, truckers etc).

I used to live in Aylesbury, Bucks. You??

We have an apartment just down from the state farm office tho, we live above the Magic Shop. We also own a house in Mt. Vernon, trying to find the right area in the metro east to build / buy.

Who are you inlaws?? I may know them. PM me with your email if you want to chat or something.

Rick
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

sparklya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark&Debs

Mark
Hi! I don't if you'll read this as your original post was a while ago, but I've just moved to St. Louis from London and would love to meet some fellow Brits! I live in Clayton and work at Wash U.
Hope to hear more!
Yana
Old Dec 19th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am a Brit, and have been living in Arkansas for over 5 years now. We are moving to St Louis end Feb 2009, would love to meet up with other Brits in the area. Did any of you manage to get together yet?
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbark
Hi, I am a Brit, and have been living in Arkansas for over 5 years now. We are moving to St Louis end Feb 2009, would love to meet up with other Brits in the area. Did any of you manage to get together yet?
I'm not a Brit, but I grew up in STL and now live about 2hrs north. If you have any STL questions let me know!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 5:51 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
If you have any STL questions let me know!
Why are the Rams so shit?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 2:48 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Manc
Can't help there, not into football or baseball. Was always a Blues fan when I lived in STL but nobody up here has even heard of hockey so I quit following... That and the strike a few years ago pissed me off...
Old Dec 29th 2008, 2:37 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I'm not a Brit, but I grew up in STL and now live about 2hrs north. If you have any STL questions let me know!
Thanks, I might just take you up on that. We move in 2 months time and I know there will be lots of questions. Plus, I don't care about the Rams
Old Jan 3rd 2009, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Any Brits In St. Louis

Originally Posted by Manc

That's a great question.......coming from someone who used to live in the Detroit area

Don't be alarmed.....I think American Football is generally shit all around,

Jim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.