Any Brits in Rochester, NY

Any Brits in Rochester, NY

Old Oct 10th 2007, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

weetabix wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Rochester, NY

Hi there,

Any Brits in Rochester NY?

I am originally from Rochester, NY and my husband and I live in Southampton, UK. We are thinking of moving back to Rochester, NY and I am just seeing if there are are any expats out there?!

We know about the Old Toad (www.oldtoad.com) and the students that come over for a year but I am wondering are there any Brits in Rochester NY that live there permanently?

Would love to meet up and look forward to hearing from you!!!

Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Canadaigua fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Rochester, NY

I've recently moved to Canandaigua NY to live close to my son and grandchildren. The idea of finding other Brits in the area is very much on my mind too, but I'm still looking.... Haven't found any yet! However, the people I have come into contact with are very friendly and helpful.

Since the winters are extremely cold here, I'm escaping the worst months, but will be back again in March or April. Actually, I can't complain about the weather, the sky is cloudless today with a fantastic view over Canandaigua Lake - a truly magical spot.

If you want to get in touch, please feel free to do so.
<<email removed. Do not put your personal details in posts >>

Last edited by NC Penguin; Feb 5th 2008 at 4:48 am.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:47 pm
Pleasant Pheasant Plucker

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

I work at RIT and will likely end up working there for quite a few more years. There are another 4 Brits in the same department as me. I meet quite a few brits out and about, they usually end up working for Kodak or Xerox.

The Old Toad SUCKS!!!! booooo to the old toad.

I know plenty of other nice places though
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

rgnscot is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I live in Rochester NY. I moved here from scotland last sept. Married a guy from rochester, and now will be working in rochester general,

Yep i agree OLD TOAD is crap, we wnt there for meal and it wasnt that nice...

Would be happy to get in touch agnes x
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:35 pm

Dan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant futureDan B has a brilliant future

Hi Agnes,

The best pub "feel" can be had at the Pittsford Pub, if you haven't already been They have an really good beer garden/deck thing too

Did you get any people from the 390 pile up at RG?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dan B
Hi Agnes,

The best pub "feel" can be had at the Pittsford Pub, if you haven't already been They have an really good beer garden/deck thing too

Did you get any people from the 390 pile up at RG?

Hi Dan, i cant PM you as i am just a lurker

That was a bad pile- up wasnt it?? I, volunteering just now at RGH, so i never heard if anyone from that accident went there.
I start next monday tho on nursing staff, i,m excited about that. I,ll get hubby to take me to the Pittsford. I met aguy today who was originally from glasgow at the hospital. He told me about a store called the Candy Nation in Fairport Village that sold Mars bars choccy, and crisps I HAVE to try that...
Nice to met you, by the way...
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:51 pm

Nice to meet you too

Candy Nation is brillient! They have loads more than just those choccy bars. They have Quality Street, Sherbet Fountains, Smarties, Monster Munch, Curly Wurlys, Double Deckers... loads

take money though
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi

oh yes .. now i cant wait... I,d never heard of it before... and i have relations living here.. I wonder if the,ve heard of it.....

aggy
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Luton13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Canadaigua fan
I've recently moved to Canandaigua NY to live close to my son and grandchildren. The idea of finding other Brits in the area is very much on my mind too, but I'm still looking.... Haven't found any yet! However, the people I have come into contact with are very friendly and helpful.

Since the winters are extremely cold here, I'm escaping the worst months, but will be back again in March or April. Actually, I can't complain about the weather, the sky is cloudless today with a fantastic view over Canandaigua Lake - a truly magical spot.

If you want to get in touch, please feel free to do so.
<<email removed. Do not put your personal details in posts >>
Hi,

I was born in England and would like to meet up with others. I am living in Syracuse, NY for seven months of the year. Since retirement we have been spending our winters in Tucson, Arizona.

Luton13
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Luton13
Since retirement we have been spending our winters in Tucson, Arizona.
Bloody good idea that! It gets rather snowy up here. Me and the OH loved Tuscon when I went down there "on business". I felt sorry for the Black Bear in the desert museum though. He looked rather warm. We also did Pheonix, Sedona, the canyon, the crater, the petrified forrest, and stood on the corner in Winslow. Nice State is AZ!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I was born in England and would like to meet up with others. I am living in Syracuse, NY for seven months of the year. Since retirement we have been spending our winters in Tucson, Arizona.

Luton13
Blaze lives in Rochester .................... I miss Blaze
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:35 am
Just Joined

jamesandali is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Any Brits in Rochester, NY

Hi

My wife and I have just moved to Pittsford (SE Rochester) from London.

Finding a tad cold and the pace of life is a little slower than we are used to.

Found Pittsford Pub (and Old Toad), any suggestions on other good places to go or if any Brits are interested in a meet up please let us know.

Cheers

James and Ali
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:10 am

It gets warmer in about 8 weeks. Then you'll wish is was cooler

Have a look for McGregors, 150 beers on tap. Give the Tap and Mallet a go too. Then look up Beers of the World
Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:39 am
Just Joined

Luton13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamesandali
Hi

My wife and I have just moved to Pittsford (SE Rochester) from London.

Finding a tad cold and the pace of life is a little slower than we are used to.

Found Pittsford Pub (and Old Toad), any suggestions on other good places to go or if any Brits are interested in a meet up please let us know.

Cheers

James and Ali
Hi James & Ali,

Welcome to the USA. What brought you here?

Yes, it takes lots to get use to NY winters. They just seem to drag on forever!

I am from Bedfordshire, about 30 miles north of London.

Good hearing from you.

Luton 13
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

weetabix wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi James & Ali,

Welcome to the USA. What brought you here?

Yes, it takes lots to get use to NY winters. They just seem to drag on forever!

I am from Bedfordshire, about 30 miles north of London.

Good hearing from you.

Luton 13
I wanted to piggyback on Luton 13's welcome. I started this thread and hadn't looked at it in months. Interestingly enough, there has been some activity recently and it is nice to see.

My husband and I moved here less than a year ago (~6 months for him, ~9 months for me) and would love to meet up with fellow Brits (My husband is the Brit. I have my dual citizenship and am admittedly a Yank, but after living in the UK for almost 4 years I feel more like a Brit!)

James and Ali sound up for it. Any others interested?

Weetabix Wife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.