Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brit's in or near Seattle, WA?

Any Brit's in or near Seattle, WA?

Old Jun 24th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Trying To Find Home is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any Brit's in or near Seattle, WA?

Hello! I'm a 21 year old female with dual citizenship between the UK and US. I had to move back to the US nine months ago after living abroad for several years and now all I can think about is moving back to England! Still quite homesick and BBC America just isn't cutting it anymore. Feel like a cup of tea and good old moan about what America is missing, please reply!
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:42 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brit's in or near Seattle, WA?

Hello! I'm not exactly "near" you, being down the I-5 in Eugene Oregon, but if you find yourself in my part of town look me up and we can compare notes on returning to the US after time spent abroad! I'm also dual US/UK.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 5:05 am
Just Joined

eighthoursbehind will become famous soon enougheighthoursbehind will become famous soon enough

If you find yourself close to Portland..
Old Jul 20th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Serocca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trying To Find Home
Hello! I'm a 21 year old female with dual citizenship between the UK and US. I had to move back to the US nine months ago after living abroad for several years and now all I can think about is moving back to England! Still quite homesick and BBC America just isn't cutting it anymore. Feel like a cup of tea and good old moan about what America is missing, please reply!
Hi, I am 38, just moved here to a central Seattle neighborhood, we spent 2 years in MD (from London), my husband is American, I'm a Brit. Definitely up for a coffee any time. Hope your feeling less homesick...P.S I just received a huge Marmite jar in the post :-)
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

lucyloveschampagne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there! I am a 34 year old Brit, I work in Seattle and live a little further up North in Mount Vernon - I am always up for a coffee and chat too! Miss England heaps and am going home at Christmas for a visit.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

So many young ex-pats in Seattle, I'm quite envious! Miss the company of British people, I just can't explain it, but you'll all know! However, there is a 30-something in Seattle called Emma who is having problems and sounds in desperate need of someone to talk to. Hope you can help her. I'm in WA, but so close to Canada, I don't think I'm someone she can pop in on... and I'm older.. who wants advice from someone my age ....
Old Nov 17th 2011, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Charble is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if this thread is still active or not, but what the hell.

I'm Char, I'm 23, and I moved here in April. I miss real chocolate, and I can't believe America doesn't have fizzy lemonade (the cloudy one) or squash. I'm pretty homesick right now, especially since all the christmassy stuff is starting to appear, which reaaaaallly makes me miss my family and home.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charble
Not sure if this thread is still active or not, but what the hell.

I'm Char, I'm 23, and I moved here in April. I miss real chocolate, and I can't believe America doesn't have fizzy lemonade (the cloudy one) or squash. I'm pretty homesick right now, especially since all the christmassy stuff is starting to appear, which reaaaaallly makes me miss my family and home.
Hi Char,
Wherabouts are you exactly? You have come to the Seattle part, so I'm guessing you have to be too - but it is a big place. You should introuduce yourself on the introductions page of this forum, you'd get a lot more responses there. I am in WA, but it is a good 2hrs drive from Seattle. Let me know where you are, if you'd like.

As to your food problems -the closest I can find to lemonade is Sprite or 7up. Squash is actually to be found in a lot of shops around and about. There's a thread called Where to find English food in the US, it's quite lengthy, but everyone shares their finds there. That might be able to help you. It is amazing the things we all miss, even now. When I first came I missed squash and salad cream; both of which can be bought over here now - and I have a jar of salad cream in my fridge that I think I have used once. Funny how you think you miss it, til you've got it!!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you through the homesickness part, we all know that isn't easy - especially this time of year, but there are a lot of people on here who will be willing to help if they can.
It isn't easy, but good luck to you.

Welcome, anyway, I hope you enjoy it here. I am a lot older than you, but I may be able to relate to what you're going through.
Homesickness is brutal and this is a good place to vent.

Good luck - and I'm sure you'll get more responses soon.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Fred Meyer sells orange Robinsons squash. Avoid Hershey "chocolate", the rest is okay IMO. It's actually fun trying all the thousands of different sweets they have here.