Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Maryland

Any Brits in Maryland

Old Mar 16th 2004, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Marland Brit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Maryland

I would love to communicate with any brits who are living in Maryland.

Mynext door neighbor was from Manchester then she went and moved to Florida.... :-( I could do with some good old british humor!
Old Mar 16th 2004, 9:00 pm
I'm as thick as a plank!

PrincessofWales is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there are loads. I'm in Northern VA, but love Maryland, especially the mountains and shore! Off to the mountains soon!
Old Mar 16th 2004, 10:35 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Whereabouts in MD are ya?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Yep

I live in Baltimore City, but work in Annapolis...

Whereabouts in MD are ya?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:00 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Where do ya work Pharrya?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Brits in Maryland

Originally posted by Marland Brit
I would love to communicate with any brits who are living in Maryland.

Mynext door neighbor was from Manchester then she went and moved to Florida.... :-( I could do with some good old british humor!

Hi,
I'm in Indian Head (Charles County - Southern Maryland) about 20 miles down 210 from DC (Indian Head Highway)
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

I live 5 minutes from Forte Meade - smack bang in the middle of Baltimore and DC
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I live 5 minutes from Forte Meade - smack bang in the middle of Baltimore and DC

I recently read a book by Stephen HUnter called Pale Horse Coming.
Fort Meade is mentioned in there, some sort of research centre.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 2:36 pm
Former Blonde

Oooh, passed by there the other day on our way back from Gambrill State Park.

It's not that far away from here but I'll be buggered if I could find my way from here to there by myself, (I only have major shops and the mall mapped out in my head so far)!!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

I spend a lot of time in Annapolis, its one of my favorite spots.... my boyfriend has a boat which he sails into Annapolis and we usually eat the Pussers Restaurant.

I wasnt aware that Forte Meade was a research center, I thought it was a satallite/Security communication centre - (NSA) - National Security Agency.

My ex was stationed there - I never moved out of the area. I do like MD - it just gets too hot inthe summer :-)
Old Mar 17th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

I spend a lot of time in Annapolis, its one of my favorite spots.... my boyfriend has a boat which he sails into Annapolis and we usually eat the Pussers Restaurant.

I wasnt aware that Forte Meade was a research center, I thought it was a satallite/Security communication centre - (NSA) - National Security Agency.

My ex was stationed there - I never moved out of the area. I do like MD - it just gets too hot inthe summer :-)
You're probably right, I knew it had something to do with Security/research or something like that
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:16 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default Possible MD expat "pissup"?

Hi, I'm pharrya's 'merican "trouble n strife"...

Awhile ago I proposed a MD/DC expat get together perhaps on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a coupla pints and maybe a nosh, and I'm thinking that maybe I only got one, or may no replies...

Seeings as there's a few in the area, anyone interested?
Old Mar 17th 2004, 7:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possible MD expat "pissup"?

Originally posted by ms_bhon
Saturday or Sunday afternoon for a coupla pints and maybe a nosh,

I am very surprised you didn't get more responses.
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:09 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default Uh oh

is "nosh" a UK euphemism for something other than snack? On this side of the pond its a yiddish derived term that means little snack or small bit to eat...

what do I know, I'm only the yank!
Old Mar 17th 2004, 8:14 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uh oh

Originally posted by ms_bhon
is "nosh" a UK euphemism for something other than snack?
Might be, might just be a northern thing I dunno, but I found it amusing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.