Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits living in Vacaville, Fairfield or Davis?

Any Brits living in Vacaville, Fairfield or Davis?

Old Feb 1st 2009, 6:57 pm
Moving on

IngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really nice
Default Any Brits living in Vacaville, Fairfield or Davis?

Hi everyone

Just wondering if there are (m)any Brits living here in Vacaville or its environs?

I've been here over three years and am not finding the natives very friendly; had no problems meeting people when I was living in Belize..
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits living in Vacaville, Fairfield or Davis?

BZ is a tropical paradise where everyone is happy all the time.
Vacaville is... well, where we used to stop for lunch & ride the little train when we were blasting past on the way to the City.

How long were you in Belize?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:24 am
Moving on

IngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really niceIngaC is just really nice

Originally Posted by meauxna
BZ is a tropical paradise where everyone is happy all the time.
Vacaville is... well, where we used to stop for lunch & ride the little train when we were blasting past on the way to the City.

How long were you in Belize?
thanks for answering; I was in Belize for 2.5 years before I started to come over here; still have my apartment in AC.. apart from being with my wonderful husband, wish I were still there.. mind you, paradise has its less than perfect moments, but nevertheless... I think you know what I mean..

which little train do you mean...?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:47 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IngaC
thanks for answering; I was in Belize for 2.5 years before I started to come over here; still have my apartment in AC.. apart from being with my wonderful husband, wish I were still there.. mind you, paradise has its less than perfect moments, but nevertheless... I think you know what I mean..

which little train do you mean...?
Do you know, I have blanked out on the names of the three big restaurants located there.. all named after nuts... It was a big treat for us as kiddies to stop there, they'd have a big gift shop with all kinds of sweeties (we always used to buy these giant gobstoppers), it's a family style diner right on the freeway there.. in their back lot they had a picnic area and the little train that ran around their lot. If we'd been good & there was time, we got to ride.

OK, I just had to go find out; several reviews say it is very different from when we were kids: http://www.nuttreeusa.com/
And sonofa... there is a notice on their site that says they've closed indefinitely effective Jan 13. What a shame...

I know completely what you mean about Paradise.. before we came to the States we were on a Greek island and I noticed some parallels with living in Belize. Different bugs, different day! lol But partly just the vibe of living in a tourist area.. the people you run into are all on holiday and having a grand time, no cares etc.. the transition back into reality here was jarring both times.
I was in Belize in .. oh, 92--> for a couple of years, really only settled for about 8 months. And, in the small world department, I grew up in the valley just north from you. Separated at birth!

Look up PoppyGirl; she is through your neck of the woods all the time. In fact they have a Sacto group meet up every now and again.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:35 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

There's loads of a little further south of you in the East Bay, and SF (obviously!) I'm in Pleasant Hill / Concord / Walnut Creek area. Welcome to BE!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi there,

I'm not there yet but I shall be moving to Vacaville/Davis at the end of June this year. I was out there last summer for a reccie and the area seemed nice enough and close to both SF and Sacramento. What brought you to Vacaville and are you working there?
Old Feb 6th 2009, 3:15 am
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in Vallejo and Fairfield every day! Sometimes VV too!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:25 am
Moving on

thank you all for responding.. being somewhat of a luddite, I'm not up to speed on how to move things on; do I write to you individually - or what...?

Any suggestions gratefully received..

Inga
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:52 pm

thank you all for responding.. being somewhat of a luddite, I'm not up to speed on how to move things on; do I write to you individually - or what...?

Inga
Would you like to spearhead a get together? I think people just normally start a thread (see the other subject lines in this forum).

If you don't want to post something in the forum, you can send Private Messages to individuals by clicking underneath their name (a pull down menu appears). You can also email most people through that function.

If you go to the USA forum here (up one level, this is Meet-ups) you'll see a pinned link at the top of the list that says frapr map.. you may find other members in your area that way.

Or, just start a conversation or join one in progress in one of the USA forums and chit chat.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Inga
I'll send you a PM
Old Feb 6th 2009, 11:50 pm
Up Yir Kilt

scotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of lightscotch03 is a glorious beacon of light

How about all meeting for a breakfast? Makes a change from beer blah
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:36 pm
Moving on

Originally Posted by meauxna
Do you know, I have blanked out on the names of the three big restaurants located there.. all named after nuts... It was a big treat for us as kiddies to stop there, they'd have a big gift shop with all kinds of sweeties (we always used to buy these giant gobstoppers), it's a family style diner right on the freeway there.. in their back lot they had a picnic area and the little train that ran around their lot. If we'd been good & there was time, we got to ride.

OK, I just had to go find out; several reviews say it is very different from when we were kids: http://www.nuttreeusa.com/
And sonofa... there is a notice on their site that says they've closed indefinitely effective Jan 13. What a shame...

I know completely what you mean about Paradise.. before we came to the States we were on a Greek island and I noticed some parallels with living in Belize. Different bugs, different day! lol But partly just the vibe of living in a tourist area.. the people you run into are all on holiday and having a grand time, no cares etc.. the transition back into reality here was jarring both times.
I was in Belize in .. oh, 92--> for a couple of years, really only settled for about 8 months. And, in the small world department, I grew up in the valley just north from you. Separated at birth!

Look up PoppyGirl; she is through your neck of the woods all the time. In fact they have a Sacto group meet up every now and again.
thank you for all your suggestions; greatly appreciated.. I'm sure life will get easier once I'm mobile; just waiting for my husband to fix the car..
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:37 pm
Moving on

Originally Posted by scotch03
How about all meeting for a breakfast? Makes a change from beer blah
great idea; do you know anywhere half-way decent round here for breakfast??
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:26 am
Up Yir Kilt

great idea; do you know anywhere half-way decent round here for breakfast??
In Suisun there is a decent place called Joy of Eating and Mimi's in Fairfield is also not too bad.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Expat outing to the Jelly Belly factory!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.