Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits living in Murphy/Plano (TX) area?

Any Brits living in Murphy/Plano (TX) area?

Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Sandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really niceSandhya is just really nice
Default Any Brits living in Murphy/Plano (TX) area?

Hi Everyone,

I would love to know anyone living near Murphy, Tx (which is near Plano area). I have been in Dallas for nearly 4 1/2 years and I have hardly met any Brits since I have been here! I really miss home, but I am trying to adjust to my new life here. However, would love to meet people back home and see how they are adjusting to life here in Texas.

Cheers
Sandy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits living in Murphy/Plano (TX) area?

Originally Posted by Sandhya
Hi Everyone,

I would love to know anyone living near Murphy, Tx (which is near Plano area). I have been in Dallas for nearly 4 1/2 years and I have hardly met any Brits since I have been here! I really miss home, but I am trying to adjust to my new life here. However, would love to meet people back home and see how they are adjusting to life here in Texas.

Cheers
Sandy
hi sandy, i'm in texas but nowhere near you, sorry...welcome to BE anyway.

check out this and see if anyone's near you http://www.frappr.com/beusa
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:59 am
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:21 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Just down I-35 from you .... about 200 miles! but yes, there are posters here from your area, just hang about a bit and they'll show up.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Britishmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Im pretty close to you, I live in McKinney. It'll be 5 years this December that i have been living here.

Feel free to pm me
Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Vorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really niceVorsuc is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

Cheers
Sandy
A little further down the road from you, just recently moved to Rockwall from Baton Rouge. Been here in the US for about 2 years now. Must say Texas is a vast improvement on Louisiana.

Given you've been in Dallas for a while I'm sure you're probably aware there's a brit store out in Grapevine (http://www.british-emporium.com/), that'll sure help me in 'adjusting'. My boss' South African wife got me a basket of goodies when we moved in which included Hobnobs!... mmmm.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

brownsnoutuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in Houston too. Well Kingwood actually, but its still a far shout from Dallas.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the members on this thread have stuck themselves on the Frappr map showing the location of members in the US.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

fern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nicefern is just really nice

Hi Everyone,

Cheers
Sandy
Hi Sandy, l live in Keller, TX.
I don't think l am that far away from you..been here 3yrs and like you said not met any Brits until l joined BE.
Feel free to PM me
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Nigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really niceNigs is just really nice

Hi Sandhya, late reply but I just stumbled over this.
Yes there are a few of us out there in the Plano, Murphy North Dallas area.

I work retail in the area and am forever bumping in to ex pats, even a couple that knew me through my UK sisters, but have never met and I had moved since they had last spoken to them! Small World after all.

I love it here, been here since 2001, heats a little much, the Storms though scary are fascinating and the opportunities are awesome if you are prepared to work hard.

Now as the down side the driving sucks, show me a soccer mom in a SUV with a starbucks in one hand and a cell phone in the other and I'd say you're in Plano!

Other than that the only down side is the craving for the odd foods now and again, and the "Gee I love your accent".................PUKE, sorry about that I had to heave!

Feel free to mail me if you need any info about some thing as i have found a few places for taking the sting out of the homesick blues!!

Nigs
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

necronomicalexia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope someone reads this as it's an old thread.

Moving to McKinney in 7 weeks and am looking for expats, esp ones with kids?

Any help? Anyone?

Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:29 am
Just Joined

vnomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sandya....i've lived here since oct 2000. I am agent / real estate investor with Global Realty in Plano on 15th st.

travel back to london and alicante frequently and taking a deserved break to miami beach on aug 29th. I would be up for a meet up.....does anyone go to the londoner on belt line rd, here? I live close to Frisco Stadium and so usually hangaround the irish pub or do Greenville for a decent weekend
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:02 am
Just Joined

maria2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Any Brits living in Murphy/Plano (TX) area?

You are in luck Sandy...I live in Murphy and have done so for 14 yrs. have lived in the US for 19 yrs.
I am from the Bath area originally.
I was looking for British foods and found this forum...
BTW you can get quite a lot of BritFoods on Amazon
Cheers
maria
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

Mike4a is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Maria and others in the Murphy, TX area.

My wife & I have been in the general area for 13 years and in Murphy for four years. Would like to be in touch with others in this area. Hopefully some of you in this thread are still in the area? Please feel free to send me an email.

Cheers,
Mike
Old Dec 9th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

mexibrit is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Grapevine and have been here since May of this year.
I lived in Charlotte, NC between 2000 and 2004, then lived in Mexico for 5 years.
Moved back to the US (reluctantly) when our green cards arrived.

I don't like the cold spell we're having, if the temperature gets this low every year I think we're going to have to move somewhere warmer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.