Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

any brits in kentucky

any brits in kentucky

Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

TimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really nice
Default Re: any brits in kentucky

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Or is K-force more of a direct-to-hire type positions?
Yes, Tim's contract is for six months, he accidentally saw his name on next years budget . I think it is just a way for large companies to weed out employees. The gal he replaced was on a three month contract through another agency and she was hired on the spot after 90 days for another position within kindred. The salary is good, it is just the lack of vacation and holiday pay. K-force offers health insurance at a reasonable price as well.

I just spoke to him and there is a position open at the moment in his office. If he is in with K-force already, have him speak to Rosemary she was awesome. Humana is another that comes to mind, but they are so darn slow to get back with you. It took a month after the first interview Tim had with them, for them to call for a second interview by then he was working for Kindred. This is the corporate office on fourth, not one of the hospitals.

I can't imagine the commute from Cinci. Monday was a two hour drive in from Louisville because of the heavy rain and idiot drivers running off the road.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimandBethanie
Yes, Tim's contract is for six months, he accidentally saw his name on next years budget . I think it is just a way for large companies to weed out employees. The gal he replaced was on a three month contract through another agency and she was hired on the spot after 90 days for another position within kindred. The salary is good, it is just the lack of vacation and holiday pay. K-force offers health insurance at a reasonable price as well.

I just spoke to him and there is a position open at the moment in his office. If he is in with K-force already, have him speak to Rosemary she was awesome. Humana is another that comes to mind, but they are so darn slow to get back with you. It took a month after the first interview Tim had with them, for them to call for a second interview by then he was working for Kindred. This is the corporate office on fourth, not one of the hospitals.

I can't imagine the commute from Cinci. Monday was a two hour drive in from Louisville because of the heavy rain and idiot drivers running off the road.
He's seen a job or two with Humana, but unfortunately the posting said that that they wanted a degree. He's got certifications and 7-8 yrs experience, but there wasn't a statement that said 'experience can replace the degree.'

he did just send his resume to K-force, so we'll see what comes up.

do you two spend much time down at Fourth Street Live?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cutina
well us lot shouldn't find it too difficult to get together then,
i know some expats (non-BE) who go to The Corner Pub in Blue ASh
do you know it?
You know - I actually don't! I'm more likely to do happy hour in the Kenwood area usually. I just saw that it's on Cooper Rd - not far away.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

TimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really niceTimandBethanie is just really nice

He's seen a job or two with Humana, but unfortunately the posting said that that they wanted a degree. He's got certifications and 7-8 yrs experience, but there wasn't a statement that said 'experience can replace the degree.'

he did just send his resume to K-force, so we'll see what comes up.

do you two spend much time down at Fourth Street Live?
Hey tell him to post his resumes anyway, the requirements for Tim's job called for a degree and they called him within an hour of his interview and hired him. I think the fact the British schooling is superior to our general education can speak a lot for itself here in Kentucky. Not to mention the work ethics are much better in my opinion. I will just say he is adored by all in the office and has made such a difference he is praised daily and even got an applaud in the last big business meeting. He doesn't even have his A levels (I think that is the proper term).

I have went down to fourth street live a couple of times. He of course dines in that area daily. Have you guys hit The Pub yet?

If you haven't already, pay a visit to Fresh market on Shelbyville Rd (us 60) just in Middletown, the Kroger and Wal-Mart on us 60 have some good cheese selections.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:39 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
You know - I actually don't! I'm more likely to do happy hour in the Kenwood area usually. I just saw that it's on Cooper Rd - not far away.
Cool!
well maybe i should stop going on about Cincinnati things in a Kentucky thread before I get my wrists slapped!
Apart from that- anyone who wants to have a meet up in Cinci, feel free to PM me and i'll sort it out after Halloween all all done and dusted... maybe we can have a Bonfire Night drink... i can make treacle toffee
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Cool!
well maybe i should stop going on about Cincinnati things in a Kentucky thread before I get my wrists slapped!
Apart from that- anyone who wants to have a meet up in Cinci, feel free to PM me and i'll sort it out after Halloween all all done and dusted... maybe we can have a Bonfire Night drink... i can make treacle toffee
It's your duty to go on about Cincinnati in a Kentucky thread. Ohioans are superior you see.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Cool!
Oh! Ya know I was thinking a Bonfire night would be awesome. Gimme sumfink to make and we are there!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimandBethanie
Hey tell him to post his resumes anyway, the requirements for Tim's job called for a degree and they called him within an hour of his interview and hired him. I think the fact the British schooling is superior to our general education can speak a lot for itself here in Kentucky. Not to mention the work ethics are much better in my opinion. I will just say he is adored by all in the office and has made such a difference he is praised daily and even got an applaud in the last big business meeting. He doesn't even have his A levels (I think that is the proper term).

I have went down to fourth street live a couple of times. He of course dines in that area daily. Have you guys hit The Pub yet?

If you haven't already, pay a visit to Fresh market on Shelbyville Rd (us 60) just in Middletown, the Kroger and Wal-Mart on us 60 have some good cheese selections.
Yes, I miss some good cheese. When we were living just north of Cinci, we lived just down the road from Jungle Jim's. It's a huge grocery store dedicated to international foods. We could never get out of there for less than $100. Their wine and cheese section is glorious! The local Kroger up there was massive (I believe it was one of the largest in the state) and their wine and cheese section was huge too.

Now we are stuck in a 'moist' town, with a smallish Kroger and Walmart. I'm giong through withdrawal. We've gone to the Brownsboro Kroger a few times, but still doesn't have the selection I wish for. We'll have to try the one on Shelbyville and the Liquor Barn on Hurstbourne or Westport Rd.

We went to the Pub 2 months ago when my in-laws were visiting and liked it. I so miss draft cider! Only bad part about going down there is having to drive home!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's your duty to go on about Cincinnati in a Kentucky thread. Ohioans are superior you see.
Only thing that is making Cinci superior IMO is that fact that a Lush store is opening soon at Kenwood! I sooo love Lush!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:16 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing that is making Cinci superior IMO is that fact that a Lush store is opening soon at Kenwood! I sooo love Lush!
I love MAC
which they also have at Kenwood! I didn't know about lush!
they sell it at J Bigelows already i think though, maybe
Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Whole foods is in the first and World Market is in the second shopping center down from St Mathews mall, they have a few things especially in the sweets department. Still Fresh Market is the best of the lot. They have organic breads, English, Irish and french cheeses, clotted cream, English teas, beer, biscuits, jams, Irish butter, fresh made sausage, desserts to kill for, Heinz products, crumpets, golden syrup, very good chocolate assortment and icky marmite even! Price wise they aren't bad at all. I dunno if you remember the old Chi Chi's on Shelbyville road, but they are in that shopping center along with a liquor outlet that also has a few goodies. Just drop me a line, we can go spend all of our hubbies hard earned cash at any of the above mentioned ! Jump on the Gene Snyder and hit 60 you can stop in every single one of them along the way within a matter of minutes woooo hoooo!

I understand the problems you are having..........you live in La Grange about the same as Shelbyville ! Thank goodness Louisville is close huh?
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:28 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

yeeewwww, There used to be (probably still is) one on Princes Street in Edinburgh, always smelt minging when I passed it by

i know some expats (non-BE) who go to The Corner Pub in Blue ASh do you know it?
I've been past it a fair few times but never actually tried that one

I'll be down that way between 6th & 8th November presuming the machine I'm due to be working on is finshed and ready for me
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:30 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Blue Ash - small world.

we do a fair bit of work down by the Airport, just off Reed Hartman Hwy
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What is Lush? I'm not familiar with it. We also have a Crate and Barrel opening next fall behind Kenwood. I shudder to think of what that will do the traffic - right now Galbraith isn't bad - I bet that will change.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Paul S
we do a fair bit of work down by the Airport, just off Reed Hartman Hwy
Small world! I go to school on Reed Hartman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.