Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Georgia / South Carolina? Looking to start a group

Any Brits in Georgia / South Carolina? Looking to start a group

Old May 14th 2013, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

EnglishSue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Georgia / South Carolina? Looking to start a group

I'm from Harrogate originally. I lived in California for a while and started a 'Foreign Born Spouses' organization for ladies who lived on and off base but were born somewhere abroad. It got very popular and I helped a lot of them with their Green Card problems etc. A spin-off from that was an English Ladies group where we met and had dinner and drinks etc and reminisced about days gone by. It was a lot of fun, and comforting to have English voices around me when I was so far from home. I'm looking to start the same kind of group in the Georgia/South Carolina area and wondered if anyone is interested. Let me know!
Old May 14th 2013, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Georgia / South Carolina? Looking to start a group

Originally Posted by EnglishSue
I'm from Harrogate originally. I lived in California for a while and started a 'Foreign Born Spouses' organization for ladies who lived on and off base but were born somewhere abroad. It got very popular and I helped a lot of them with their Green Card problems etc. A spin-off from that was an English Ladies group where we met and had dinner and drinks etc and reminisced about days gone by. It was a lot of fun, and comforting to have English voices around me when I was so far from home. I'm looking to start the same kind of group in the Georgia/South Carolina area and wondered if anyone is interested. Let me know!
Isn't that a little like the Daughters Of The British Empire? Perhaps there is a DOBE group in your area.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

EnglishSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Isn't that a little like the Daughters Of The British Empire? Perhaps there is a DOBE group in your area.
Not in my area but good idea, had never heard of it. Thanks.
Old May 14th 2013, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglishSue
Not in my area but good idea, had never heard of it. Thanks.
http://www.dbenational.org/

http://www.dbenational.org/about-us/districts
Old May 15th 2013, 11:29 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Is that like Daughters of the American Revolution, just from the other side of the argument?