British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Any British groups near Lewisville/Flower Mound in Texas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/any-british-groups-near-lewisville-flower-mound-texas-848819/)

LindseyAnn Dec 14th 2014 7:35 pm

Any British groups near Lewisville/Flower Mound in Texas

We have moved back to the US and we are in Lewisville/Flower Mound area of Texas (Denton County). Is there anyone in that area or any British groups to hook up with?

Bob Dec 14th 2014 9:53 pm

Re: Any British groups near Lewisville/Flower Mound in Texas

Tried looking on Facebook and meetup.com?

MsElui Dec 15th 2014 2:47 pm

there is definitely a brit meet up group in Dallas - but i dont think its exclusive to any specific area like Flower Mound etc. I did try and join but never actually made it to anything as i work full time and have 3 young kiddos.

I also know there is a facebook group too called 'British Expat Group DFW' its not very active - but you can see people from all around dallas on there and make contact/enquiries there.

I myself am out in the 'burbs of McKinney.

LindseyAnn Dec 15th 2014 10:47 pm

I've tried looking on meetup - most things are in Dallas. I have just learned to drive a few months ago, so have not ventured on to the highway as yet, so Dallas is a bit daunting. Will look at the FB page though as well, thanks

thinbrit Dec 16th 2014 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by LindseyAnn (Post 11503531)
I've tried looking on meetup - most things are in Dallas. I have just learned to drive a few months ago, so have not ventured on to the highway as yet, so Dallas is a bit daunting. Will look at the FB page though as well, thanks

I work in Flower Mound.
It is only 20 mins drive to Dallas center from Flower Mound. Outside peak hours it is an easy drive. You can use the Dart if you can get to WB Bellaire @ Old Orchard Lane in Lewisville, but the whole commute by public transport involves a couple of changes on foot, and would take an hour and 45 minutes :ohmy:

You'll get used to driving here. My commute to my property in Parker County is 50 miles each way.

mummyinusa Dec 21st 2014 1:57 am

Welcome to DFW! I'm in Keller, I know a Scottish Mum up in Flower Mound. There are now three British Mums groups on meetup, two are reasonably active, I usually meet someone from one of the groups once a week if not more as we meet up a lot out of meetup now. My name is Catherine, think I'm the only Catherine on there in Keller, you're welcome to contact me. I've got two kids,one 5 year old in K and a two year old.

Griffo Jan 11th 2015 10:30 pm

Hello, we have just relocated to Grapevine/ flower mound in July 14. The groups seem to be mainly in Dallas but would love to meet up for coffee more locally.

Skyedave Jan 11th 2015 10:43 pm

Im in Downtown Dallas and also looking for groups etc to meet up.