any advice

Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:09 am
Just Joined

wolviebloodlust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any advice

hi i hope you can help me, i am a Scottish national and have a fiance in the US i have a job here in Scotland which is as an internet base home worker for an insurance company based in the UK is there a visa that would allow me to stay in the usa and work my job here in Scotland spending my time between both ( IE 3 months here 3 months there) as long as i have a pc and internet access i can work anywhere can you please advise me of my options ... thanks you
Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice

Originally Posted by wolviebloodlust
hi i hope you can help me, i am a Scottish national and have a fiance in the US i have a job here in Scotland which is as an internet base home worker for an insurance company based in the UK is there a visa that would allow me to stay in the usa and work my job here in Scotland spending my time between both ( IE 3 months here 3 months there) as long as i have a pc and internet access i can work anywhere can you please advise me of my options ... thanks you
Are you planning to marry?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:34 am
Just Joined

yes we are but until we can i was hoping there is a way that part of the year at least i can spend there while still working here with the time difference means id be working night shifts when in the US but the things we do for love lol
Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Who pays you and where the work ends up is irrelevant for legal purposes. If you perform work whilst in the US, you MUST have an applicable visa.

It is illegal to work in the US without the proper work authorization and what you are proposing does not qualify as it stands. You could, however, do it if you were married and a green card holder.

Would you get away with it? Now that's another debate, but do you really want to risk a future by chancing it?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:50 am
Just Joined

no wouldnt want to risk it thats for sure my future's with her so im not going to risk that
Old Jul 1st 2017, 2:53 am
Just Joined

i just think it shouldnt matter were i work as long as i can support my self im not a burden on the state and if need be pay taxes in two countries lol
Old Jul 1st 2017, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it legal to go on vacation and work while on vacation? Many people do these days. People get their work phones enabled for international travel while going on vacation. People take their laptops on vacation and check their work emails. I am not condoning that you do it. I'm just saying a lot of people do. The world has not yet caught up with remote working.

Thats why places like the US lose millions in tax payers dollars because the people doing work on US based equipment are US tax payers.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 3:06 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolviebloodlust
i just think it shouldnt matter were i work as long as i can support my self im not a burden on the state and if need be pay taxes in two countries lol
When you have married and eventually become a US citizen you can bring your beliefs to the attention of your elected representatives. In the meantime, their country, their rules.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
When you have married and eventually become a US citizen you can bring your beliefs to the attention of your elected representatives. In the meantime, their country, their rules.
Don't waste your time, they never listen to the smart people.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need dual nationality and be prepared to bend over.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler
You need dual nationality and be prepared to bend over.
and be prepared to frequent this bar

Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Jul 1st 2017 at 4:21 am.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do you earn commission on these?
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mrken30
Do you earn commission on these?
Hoping to organise a BE group buy, still gives me a chuckle every time I drive by one.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It would be a bit comical if they opened one up in Wanker's Corner. That place name always gives me a chuckle when they mention it on the radio/TV with such a straight face.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.