Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any accountants who relocated to the US??

Any accountants who relocated to the US??

Old Feb 24th 2004, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice
Arrow Any accountants who relocated to the US??

I have a friend who is desperately in search of a job in the US, preferably CA. He is a Chartered Accountant and licensed insolvency practitioner with six years of Big 4 experience. There appear to be tons of audit jobs, but not so many corporate restructuring/insolvency jobs. Does anyone know of a good recruiter or have the name of anybody who may be able to offer some good advice on job leads?

Thank you so much!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:22 pm
Franklin

Default Re: Any accountants who relocated to the US??

Originally posted by mandeeuk
I have a friend who is desperately in search of a job in the US, preferably CA. He is a Chartered Accountant and licensed insolvency practitioner with six years of Big 4 experience. There appear to be tons of audit jobs, but not so many corporate restructuring/insolvency jobs. Does anyone know of a good recruiter or have the name of anybody who may be able to offer some good advice on job leads?

Thank you so much!

Just an idea, but why not do a quick search for such jobs on monster.com - loads of head hunters will come out of the wood work. How good are they? Due diligence might provide the answer ...

Good luck!

Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

mandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nicemandeeuk is just really nice

Thanks for your reply Patent Attorney...I know he's been checking monster, but I'll have a look too. Incidentally, I'm a Trademark Attorney. How's the IP trade going on your side of the country?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:52 pm
Franklin

Thanks for your reply Patent Attorney...I know he's been checking monster, but I'll have a look too. Incidentally, I'm a Trademark Attorney. How's the IP trade going on your side of the country?

COOL!!!!

How's the IP trade on our side of the country? Borrowing a line from Rimmer in Red Dwarf, "FAN BLOODY TASTIC!" And much of our business is from clients located on your side of the country! I love the Federal patent/trademark business. Of course it helps that we are only 5 minutes away from the Federal Patent and Trademark Office. So we can do face-to-face interviews with Patent or Trademark Examiners at the drop of a hat. Let us know if you ever have a case that can benefit from an f-2-f interview.

Well we just landed two clients today!!!! One is located in Bellaire, California (of "Fresh Prince of Bellaire" fame), and a second in Texas. This is our second Bellaire client! Our first Bellaire client is a real ambassador! He's recommending us to everyone he knows! He really liked my patent drafting skills - in fact he's over the moon. Excuse my excitement, but my partner and I just started our patent and trademark firm.

If I drank, I would have a ... maybe a few s There’s a Ragtime(TM) on the next block … maybe I will sink a or two

Last edited by Patent Attorney; Feb 24th 2004 at 11:17 pm.

Old Feb 24th 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations! Good to hear of other solo practitioner/small firms getting good clients. It pains me when I see the quality (or lack thereof) of trademark work generated by big firm attorneys who garner their clients solely on reputation as opposed to skill.

By the way, it's spelled Bel Air, wouldn't want you to do anything but thoroughly impress your client with both your mastery of patent claim drafting and the geography of california!:lecture:
Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:00 am
Franklin

Congratulations! Good to hear of other solo practitioner/small firms getting good clients. It pains me when I see the quality (or lack thereof) of trademark work generated by big firm attorneys who garner their clients solely on reputation as opposed to skill.

By the way, it's spelled Bel Air, wouldn't want you to do anything but thoroughly impress your client with both your mastery of patent claim drafting and the geography of california!:lecture:

Yeah, thanks for the correction. I avoided using Bel Air/anything in his address (re: engagement letter, just Los Angeles and the zip). I am hoping to tap into more networks. For example, I should work on tapping into the biotech corridor in Maryland. It's just 20 mins away!