Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

anti-immigration dudes, read it

anti-immigration dudes, read it

Old Nov 27th 2002, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

thanchaur is on a distinguished road
Default anti-immigration dudes, read it

Allen Greenspan says: (http://www.ailf.org/global/newecon/)

"As we are creating an ever more complex, accelerating economy, the necessity to bring in resources and people from abroad to keep it functioning in the most effective manner strikes me as relevant policy."
- in a speech to the Senate Banking Committee, February 2000.

"I've always thought that under the conditions we now confront, we should be very carefully focused on the contriution which skilled [as well as] unskilled people from abroad can contribute to the country, as they have for generation after generation."
-in a speech to Congress, July 1999.

"Demand is putting very significant pressures on an ever-decreasing supply of unemployed labor. The one obvious means that one can use to offset that is expanding the number of people we allow in, either generally or in specifically focused areas."
-in a speech to the Senate Banking Committee, February 2000.

"The economy can keep growing only if American buisnesses have the workers they need to keep expanding."
-in a speech to Congress, February 2000.

"Congressman, I've always argued that this country has benefited immensely from the fact that we draw people from all over the world. And the average immigrant comes from a less benign environment, and indeed that's the reason they've come here. And I think they appreciate the benefits of this country more than those of us who were born here. And it shows in their entrepreneurship, their
enterprise and their willingness to do the types of work that makes this country function."
-replying to Congressman Gutierrez, July 2001.