Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another question regarding British Citizenship...

Another question regarding British Citizenship...

Old Feb 17th 2009, 3:41 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another question regarding Citizenship...

Originally Posted by Norri
Is the US much cheaper? and for sure there is still no refund after denial.

To immigrate to the UK, my sons and I would have to immigrate on visa's that cost about 1000$ each ( with the economy theyre much cheaper now, about 750$ maybe ) then 3 plane tickets ( at the time I was in Montana and 3 tickets were roughly 3800$ ) so were up to nearly 7 grand just to get into the UK...then you have to apply for this thing and that thing and it came to be about 3k for each person .... 10k for 3 of us to immigrate to the UK... and so far its about 2000 for James to come here , not much difference, but depending on the choices James and I make in the future will also determine whether or not we immigrate back.

My sons do get social security survivor benefits and other benefits since thier father was active duty us army when he died and if my fiance adopts them, they lose those benefits forever... we were hoping to avoid that... maybe some day in the future, we will be able to move back to the UK and
all 3 of my kids will be able to have a better education and better job opportunities.