Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

another question

another question

Old Oct 22nd 2002, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default another question

My fiance and I are wondering what he needs to do, if and when he gets his visa. Who does he notify in the UK that he is moving to the US, or does that get taken care through the visa. Just thinking ahead. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving Home...

Out of curiosity, is there anything that residents of Canada trying to get a K1 visa need to do after they make the "official" move to the US? Any Canadian Expats want to share their experiences??

Ian

Originally posted by katnap8:
My fiance and I are wondering what he needs to do, if and when he gets his visa. Who does he notify in the UK that he is moving to the US, or does that get taken care through the visa. Just thinking ahead. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2002, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: another question

Originally posted by katnap8:
He will need to notify the Inland Revenue and Social security.
The Inland revenue have told me that tax ceases to become payable IMMEDIATELY you leave the country on a K1 visa. There are forms to complete to ensure that you are not taxed in the UK and (unfortunately ) forms to complete to ensure that you ARE taxed in the USA. The Tax office is very helpful over this, and you are quite right to try and get the procedure sorted out in advance, although the notification of emigration to the Inland Revenue takes place at the time he leaves