Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another London Interview scheduled

Another London Interview scheduled

Old Jun 29th 2001, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning and oh happy day indeed!
My fiance phoned me bright and early. His Fingerprints results (from the FBI) have received by London Embassy, and his K-1 Visa interview is scheduled for July 17.
They wouldn't give him the actual results of the fingerprints, which I think is a load of crap.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far. Going now to find something else to worry about!
Old Jun 29th 2001, 1:59 pm
scubesgal2000

>
    >

Hi there! Just a short note to say congratulations! My fiance's interview is next
week (July 5th). I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. We can't sleep and are
extremely stressed out. But I would rather have this feeling any time over the
frustration that most of us on this newsgroup felt while waiting for our petitions to
be approved by TSC!!! GOOD LUCK and don't forget to post your experience!

Old Jun 29th 2001, 5:18 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Penny,

Just wanted to wish you and your fiancé the best of luck. Yey on getting things sorted.

take care, Jennie

Ben & Jennie's UK to USA K-1 Visa Quest: http://www.geocities.com/ben_jennie/
Old Jun 29th 2001, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jennie!
How do you like the US so far? I'm happy everything went so smoothly for you.
Old Jun 29th 2001, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Steve & Carol:
I can't post thru google yet, so will reply here:
Here is the reason behind my fiance's fingerprinting:
Because he was denied entry in Phoenix last December, whilst trying to come to San Diego to visit me. They accused him of abusing the Visa Waiver Program and sent him back to the UK to obtain a proper Visa.
So, During the K-1 process, when London ran the background check on my fiance, his name came up a having a record here in the U.S.
So then he had to go to London to be fingerprinted. London sends the prints through the FBI to be checked, and the FBI sends the results back to London. Total time this took was an additional 6 weeks exactly.
You will have nothing to worry about I would surmise, unless you had a similar situation.
Thanks for the congrats!
Old Jun 30th 2001, 1:44 am
Penny

[email protected] (ScubesGal2000) wrote in message >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thanks for the congrats! I'm so excited as well! 5 months total between filing and
the interview date! I want to holler from the top of a mountain but I'll go "woo-hoo"
into a pillow instead! and don't worry, I'll post his experiences!! All the best...

Old Jun 30th 2001, 3:24 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Penny

Hmm well it's really hard to get my head around the fact that I'm in the US for good. I guess it doesn't help that next Sunday Ben has to go to PA for 2 weeks - training for his new job. So yeah, kinda feels like we just have a couple of weeks together. The weather here in WI is a lot hotter than the UK and all humid, but I expected that really. I went round the supermarket yesterday with Ben's mom and tried to spot things I recognise - Uncle Bens food, Heinz ketchup and the like. Is definitely great to be in the same place as Ben though. And buying 2nd hand furniture and looking for an appartment is fun and scary.

Wow, sorry to hear about the extra hassle you had to go through with the fingerprints. Best wishes for the rest of your waiting, Jennie
Old Jun 30th 2001, 5:08 pm
Joe

Good luck to the both of you!

Joe

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >