Another healthcare outrage :mad:

Old Aug 11th 2007, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

guaporusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another healthcare outrage :mad:

Originally Posted by neutron
Another (exiled) American view about provision of healthcare

http://fredoneverything.net/FOE_Frame_Column.htm
Is the Hillary referred to the former first lady? Last I checked she is sponsored by healthcare organisations and through the "healthcare reform" issue out of her platform.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 3:28 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southern comfort
no income no jobs and sick qualified them
They would still have a co-pay.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

rookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud ofrookins26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by guaporusty
Is the Hillary referred to the former first lady? Last I checked she is sponsored by healthcare organisations and through the "healthcare reform" issue out of her platform.
When President Bill Clinton was first in office, Hillary was a huge supporter of Universal Healthcare and spoke out about it all the time. She was also trying to put it in place. Then somehow someone "shut her up" and she was told to never speak of it again. In Moore's film Sicko he explains what happened with that.

Anyway now it is apparent that she IS sponsored by insurance companies. Disappointing I think. Now I am not sure which candidate/s really support Universal Healthcare at this point.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 2:04 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rookins26
Anyway now it is apparent that she IS sponsored by insurance companies. Disappointing I think. Now I am not sure which candidate/s really support Universal Healthcare at this point.
All the Democratic candidates (and I think some of the Republicans as well) say they support the idea of universal health insurance, like the schemes already in place in Massachusets and California, but only Dennis Kucinich is calling for single-payer universal healthcare which would be free at the point of delivery (but privately-run, unlike the NHS). That's why if I had a vote, it would go to Kucinich.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

And yet another healthcare nightmare

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0816/reimer_ap.html
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:12 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66

I read that one earlier today. An horrific turn of events.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66

I don't think I'll ever understand the healthcare system here.

How is it possible that someone who is seriously ill and practically destitute ("assets at approximately $6,700, with monthly income of $725 from oil royalties and Supplemental Security Income", according to the report) does not qualify for Medicaid?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
I don't think I'll ever understand the healthcare system here.

How is it possible that someone who is seriously ill and practically destitute ("assets at approximately $6,700, with monthly income of $725 from oil royalties and Supplemental Security Income", according to the report) does not qualify for Medicaid?
Or why her husband threw her off the balcony like trash ?
Old Aug 17th 2007, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/235445.html Bit more to it than meets the eye