Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another Brit store in Phoenix

Another Brit store in Phoenix

Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Brit store in Phoenix

My wife found another Brit food store today. Seeing that there are a few Brits here in AZ on the board, I thought it might be of interest.

Bit of Brit, 4727 N. Central Ave., Phoenix. (602) 200-9394. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, noon-4 p.m. Sundays.

Of course this is the other

British Gourmet Ltd., 7901 E. Thomas Road, Scottsdale, (480) 994-3837. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Poshpaws is an unknown quantity at this point

They are everywhere...hope yours is a little friendlier than this Midlands lass we have here...She really is a piece of work, and makes no bones about insulting everyone. She thinks she is being funny, but she is not. It is painful to watch at times; hubby says he can go back to England anytime to get her kind of abuse. She's tight fisted to boot! NOW we know why we left Blighty!
Old Feb 8th 2004, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

The one I shop at semi regular, has a fairly nice guy running it. Always up for a bit of small talk.

I found this about the shops online
http://www.azcentral.com/home/takeou...oodtogo18.html
Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Brit store in Phoenix

Originally posted by Pimpbot
My wife found another Brit food store today. Seeing that there are a few Brits here in AZ on the board, I thought it might be of interest.

Bit of Brit, 4727 N. Central Ave., Phoenix. (602) 200-9394. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, noon-4 p.m. Sundays.

British Gourmet Ltd., 7901 E. Thomas Road, Scottsdale, (480) 994-3837. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays.
I don't have a lot of cravings these days. When I do, it's often for German goodies (German mother). But I'm better off staying away from those, too.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish you had posted this a week ago, I was in Phoenix, because our Corporate office is on N. 3rd St. I visit fairly regularly and I will nip in and get some marmite, imperial leather soap and a few other bits and peices.

I don't know the layout of Phoenix all that well, but I usually stay in the Airport Sheraton in Tempe or the Embassy Suites Biltmore, is this store near either of those?
Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:09 pm
Franklin

I wish there was a decent butcher's shop selling traditional Brit meats in the DC metro area. Maybe there is, does anyone have any tips on this?

Irish sausages and bacon would be GREAT too. Sure miss decent bacon and sausages.

Old Feb 8th 2004, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ptarmigan
I wish you had posted this a week ago, I was in Phoenix, because our Corporate office is on N. 3rd St. I visit fairly regularly and I will nip in and get some marmite, imperial leather soap and a few other bits and peices.

I don't know the layout of Phoenix all that well, but I usually stay in the Airport Sheraton in Tempe or the Embassy Suites Biltmore, is this store near either of those?
Neither are close to those locations. But they are not that far away either. If you have the address of both hotels handy, just type that and the shop addresses into www.mapquest.com
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
I wish there was a decent butcher's shop selling traditional Brit meats in the DC metro area. Maybe there is, does anyone have any tips on this?

Irish sausages and bacon would be GREAT too. Sure miss decent bacon and sausages.

Try this site- they sell meat and their other British goods are very reasonable compared to our local Brit shops- I do a lot of my Brit shopping from Goodwoods.

http://goodwoods.safeshopper.com/index.htm
Old Feb 8th 2004, 8:43 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by Taffyles
Try this site- they sell meat and their other British goods are very reasonable compared to our local Brit shops- I do a lot of my Brit shopping from Goodwoods.

http://goodwoods.safeshopper.com/index.htm
Cheers! I will check them out!

Old Feb 8th 2004, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

dazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond reputedazman has a reputation beyond repute

Thx Pimpbot. I've used British Gourmet before, and I'll check the other one out the next time I'm over.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:22 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Pimpbot...I checked out that store Bit of Brit this morning on my way home from work. Unfortunately, it being a Sunday, it was closed but at least I now know where it is. I live just a couple of blocks from there. It looked quite a cute store so I look forward to going inside. I was hoping to find some Indian spices or curry mix as I am having trouble getting Garam Masala. I've bought a load of lother spices and now I have a Butter Chicken currently bubbling away on the stove!
Old Feb 9th 2004, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

We used to have a good one in Philly. It was half-way between my house and where I worked. The guy who owned it was from Yorkshire and was a baker by trade, so as well as having all the usual stuff, he also had home made sausage rolls, pasties, steak and kidney pies etc which he baked on the premises. Needless to say I spent a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ in that store. The one here on Thomas is pretty good, the guy who runs it sure likes to talk though, it is hard to get out of there sometimes without being rude.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Patent Attorney

Not too far from DC, there is an Irish shop in Caroline Street, Fredericksburg, that sells Irish sausages and bacon + other stuff.
Snags about $7 for a pack of 8
Old Feb 11th 2004, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

lau3rie is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by effi
We used to have a good one in Philly. It was half-way between my house and where I worked. The guy who owned it was from Yorkshire and was a baker by trade, so as well as having all the usual stuff, he also had home made sausage rolls, pasties, steak and kidney pies etc which he baked on the premises. Needless to say I spent a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ in that store. The one here on Thomas is pretty good, the guy who runs it sure likes to talk though, it is hard to get out of there sometimes without being rude.
ooh...so does this shop in Philly still exist? and if so, where can I find it?