Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Another benefit for being a Dual Citizen.

Another benefit for being a Dual Citizen.

Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another benefit for being a Dual Citizen.

UK

Britain is sending two ships, including an aircraft carrier, to the Middle East and has warned citizens to have their travel papers in order for a quick departure.

US

The main U.S. evacuation plan involves a Pentagon-contracted cruise ship, the Orient Queen, due to arrive in Lebanon today to ferry people to Cyprus. The ship can carry about 750 passengers for the five-hour trip. Defense Department officials said other private ships were likely to be hired as well.

Americans have been told to wait for a telephone call that could come in hours — or days. They've also been told they can't board a ship unless they've signed a contract agreeing to repay the U.S. government for the price of their evacuation
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another benefit for being a Dual Citizen.

Originally Posted by Boiler
UK

Britain is sending two ships, including an aircraft carrier, to the Middle East and has warned citizens to have their travel papers in order for a quick departure.

US

The main U.S. evacuation plan involves a Pentagon-contracted cruise ship, the Orient Queen, due to arrive in Lebanon today to ferry people to Cyprus. The ship can carry about 750 passengers for the five-hour trip. Defense Department officials said other private ships were likely to be hired as well.

Americans have been told to wait for a telephone call that could come in hours — or days. They've also been told they can't board a ship unless they've signed a contract agreeing to repay the U.S. government for the price of their evacuation
yeah i just heard that on the news....so much for this land of the free, thank god i was not born a usc
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:08 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Surely this can't be true?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Partystar
yep quite unbelievable but then look at katrina last year...such a rich country and all that
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:10 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I think it is!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Just show's you the Brit's look after there own
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:13 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep quite unbelievable but then look at katrina last year...such a rich country and all that
I kinda expected that, I mean look at the health care system, the government don't give a shit if you get sick, do you think they really give a crap if there is a possibility that you might drown, starve to death etc etc, me no think so! Shame on the US government.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:14 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by peacelover
I think it is!
Disgraceful.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 9:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its true...its been talked about all day in TIO the Middle East Madness thread.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:02 pm
I love Marmite, she don't

franc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to beholdfranc111s is a splendid one to behold

I agree with charging.

SInce the Governments have had warnings on their sites for many years, i.e. travel at own risk, it makes sense to charge to bring them home. A small price to pay when the country you go to, by choice, at risk, then goes to war.

Who the heck do you think would pay for it otherwise, the ordinary tax payer that's who. Perhaps the tax payer who can't even afford a holiday.

I also like it now where 911 services CHARGE you for their service when you do something through some high risk venture, like racing cars!!!

Heck, my insurance company wouldn't even insure my house because I had a trampoline in the back yard!!!

This is the world we live in. Pay more, the more risks you take..... Seems prety fair to me.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:08 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc111s
I agree with charging.

SInce the Governments have had warnings on their sites for many years, i.e. travel at own risk, it makes sense to charge to bring them home. A small price to pay when the country you go to, by choice, at risk, then goes to war.

Who the heck do you think would pay for it otherwise, the ordinary tax payer that's who. Perhaps the tax payer who can't even afford a holiday.

I also like it now where 911 services CHARGE you for their service when you do something through some high risk venture, like racing cars!!!

Heck, my insurance company wouldn't even insure my house because I had a trampoline in the back yard!!!

This is the world we live in. Pay more, the more risks you take..... Seems prety fair to me.
Sorry, don't agree with you Frank.
I think you'll find it's not to get them Home, it's to evacuate them to Cyprus. And they charge about the same as an Airline ticket.
And as many of them are there because of American interests in the Middle East it's a total piss take.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

What utter BOLLOCKS!

Thank God I'm not born one either!
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:45 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

Who can blame them?

Originally Posted by franc111s
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:40 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably quite a few who are Lebanese and US Citizens.

I wonder how much they charge, extra for an external cabin, is it all inclusive, questions, questions.

Perhaps I should check Expedia.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 3:56 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be worse, the French government has sent a fleet of icebreakers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.