Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Annual car tax in CT

Annual car tax in CT

Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Annual car tax in CT

Originally Posted by Boiler
It sort of explains why so many leave CT etc when they retire and head somewhere where they do not dip so deeply into your pockets.
Well, each to their own, but my observation is that people leave CT/NY metro on retirement:
a) for the weather
b) to cash in on home values

Personally find many things that culturally the NE states offer that is missing elsewhere...so if I get to that point, maybe b) will apply and perhaps I'll head to VT or a small apartment in Boston :-)
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinosaur

Personally find many things that culturally the NE states offer that is missing elsewhere...so if I get to that point, maybe b) will apply and perhaps I'll head to VT or a small apartment in Boston :-)
Then it'll be VT, because a small apartment in Boston won't be any cheaper than your digs in CT
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Then it'll be VT, because a small apartment in Boston won't be any cheaper than your digs in CT
Excellent point :-)

But at least I wouldn't need to do my own snow blowing, and might even be able to walk a few places....between April and November at least...OK, so perhaps I'll end up retiring to AZ or FL after all...
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:19 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Why?

The important factor is the taxation across all sources, not a single one. They can take from your income, property, sales tax, vehicle ownership and use, or odds and ends tacked on to utility bills. Only the full picture gives you the information about whether you need to move or not.
Because I'm absolutely crap with money so having $500 or $1000 available when an annual bill is due would be unlikely. If it's taken out of my wages I don't notice it.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Because I'm absolutely crap with money so having $500 or $1000 available when an annual bill is due would be unlikely. If it's taken out of my wages I don't notice it.
Oh dear!