Perfumdiva1

Default Re: Andrea Yates verdict overturned

Originally Posted by Manc
you judgemental sod.

He was at work.
working.
paying the mortgage.
Hello

He isn;t the only man in the world doing this. but obviously there were problems and they were not addressed

Sad situation

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:08 pm
Perfumdiva1

you judgemental sod.

He was at work.
working.
paying the mortgage.
FYI

I am not a judgemental sod

I am allowed an opinion too

I also presume you are male and not a stay at home husband with 5 kids to raise (Just guessing)

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
I also presume you are male and not a stay at home husband with 5 kids to raise (Just guessing)
what does that have to do with the price of bread?

murder is murder, it cannot be excused or rationalised nor blamed on anyone else but the perpretrator of the crime.

I don't care how depressed anyone is, drowning 5 kids in a bathtub is wrong and punishment is what she needs, not rehabilitation or counselling.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:12 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

you judgemental sod.

He was at work.
working.
paying the mortgage.
aww Manc bugger off will ya!!

there's more to being a husband /father than paying the bills!! Yes it's important and as a family that's spent it's entirity living pay check to paycheck I know how important but.....

if i was going nuts my husband would be there for me...he's my partner , my life companion whatever i expect not only financial support but emotional support too!!! damanding sod aren't I

this guy had a good job !! worked for NASA dammit !!

why the hell weren't those boys in school?? i'm sure they could have afforded pre K for the ones not yet old enough to attend? without knowing all the details I'm loath to criticise but bottom line her husband should have definitly done more to address the problem!!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:15 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
why the hell weren't those boys in school?? i'm sure they could have afforded pre K for the ones not yet old enough to attend? without knowing all the details I'm loath to criticise but bottom line her husband should have definitly done more to address the problem!!
it's all very well saying he should have stopped having kids with her.

however,

she can just as well do that on her own by tying a few knots.
and as for the excuse, "He wouldn't allow her."
well last time I checked, this was America.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:16 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

and punishment is what she needs, not rehabilitation or counselling.
well i think she needs all of the above! and a greater understanding from the rest of us wouldn't go amiss either....if only one red flag goes up with one family saving one child then that has to be a good start......i think if Society acknowledges this disease we may be able to prevent other murders......just a hope
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:19 pm
Back Again

it's all very well saying he should have stopped having kids with her.

however,

she can just as well do that on her own by tying a few knots.
and as for the excuse, "He wouldn't allow her."
well last time I checked, this was America.
i never said anything about "stopping having kids"

and are you seriously suggesting that just because we live in a "Free Country" that some women aren't dominated in a relationship? that's absurd!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:21 pm
@matthewb76

and are you seriously suggesting that just because we live in a "Free Country" that some women aren't dominated in a relationship? that's absurd!
only if they ask nicely.

seriously...........
There is always an exit door though here.

maybe not so in the more fundamentalist countries, but here at least, there is always an exit door.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:32 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
OK, you put yourself in her shoes for one moment, and not just during this period of her life, but the years building up to it

Clearly the woman was unstable, and any husband in his right mind would have put his wife through another pregnancy, never mind another 4.

I have friends, where the wife suffered terribly due to PPD, and as a family, they decided against having any more kids

It was the right decision for them, otherwise God only knows what would have happened

Andrea did a terrible thing, this I am not arguing, but she needed help and did not get it..

Such a sad tale and I am sure many people here in Houston, are having a hard time with the decision they made regarding this womans well-being

Again, my opinion only..
Kill a plurality of children by your own hands you do time that lasts a life time. Other children must be protected from those that think they could do a "Yates" and get away with it.

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:38 pm
Back Again

only if they ask nicely.

seriously...........
There is always an exit door though here.

maybe not so in the more fundamentalist countries, but here at least, there is always an exit door.
oh gawds Manc!! what are you talking about leave with 5 kids!! you can't possibly be serious? And besides who says they weren't in love? i don't know if he dominated her? What I do know is that he is responsible in someway by totally neglecting the situation...maybe he just didn't take PPD seriously enough a gross misjudgement....that's why i'm saying , lets educate society about this serious problem, not doing so has terrible consequences!
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:41 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Kill a plurality of children by your own hands you do time that lasts a life time. Other children must be protected from those that think they could do a "Yates" and get away with it.
I agree 100%

but prevention is better than cure, were not talking about cold calculated murder here but a loving mother gone absolutly insane.....best find out why and immediatly recognise the warning signs to prevent other gruesome murders
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:44 pm
@matthewb76

oh gawds Manc!! what are you talking about leave with 5 kids!! you can't possibly be serious? And besides who says they weren't in love? i don't know if he dominated her? What I do know is that he is responsible in someway by totally neglecting the situation...maybe he just didn't take PPD seriously enough a gross misjudgement....that's why i'm saying , lets educate society about this serious problem, not doing so has terrible consequences!
we have addressed it. kill people and go to jail.

No-one mentioned leaving with 5 kids.
why do you presume that for her to leave she needs to take her kids with her?
she can leave on her own.
The Dad was/is just as entitled to keep the children as she is leaving with them.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Well obviously all she needs is a jury of 12 women who have kids and she will be free to go murder other kids she may well have then ? Drown the bitch & be done with it.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:49 pm
Back Again

why do you presume that for her to leave she needs to take her kids with her?
she can leave on her own.
The Dad was/is just as entitled to keep the children as she is leaving with them.
er...guess that's just me if i ever left my hubby my kids would be coming with me no other option available....guess i can't think outside the box on that one
Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

she still did it though.

blaming the husband is like saying Laci Peterson brought it on herself.
You cannot compare the two.

PPD is a genuine condition, which she obviously had. Trained professionals who treated her knew about it, therefore, this is a genuine case of mental illness, and she should be sent to a psychiatric facility.

Yes, it is a free country. She may have left. But 'could' she?

I guess you will say the same about battered women? That they could have left if they so wished. If you have ever been around a long term battered woman, or worked with one, you'd know that it is not that simple, in fact, its extremely complicated.

This woman obviously suffered from the same 'condition'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.