Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Wikiposts

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:02 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Originally Posted by Sarah
Probably the best thing you could do. Most noobs usually wade in, all guns blazing, starting threads either to try and instigate a heated debate and then don't 'get' certains peoples humour or meaning or start threads asking what foods people miss from home (ie, been done to death)
or better still the classic "How can I get a visa?" thread.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:03 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I know what you mean. Read up on wikipedia what scientologists believe and when I told my wife she was adamant that I was pulling her leg.
Don't even type that word when Leslie and I are around
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Therein lies the crux of my argument. You knew it was wrong and did not act on those feelings or thoughts. She knew it was wrong and still acted on those feelings and thoughts. IMO - she is a sociopath without a conscience or at best a borderline personality. These are mental conditions - they do not constitue insanity. Every day men and women walk out on their spouses and children because they can't handle the responsibility - I can live with that type of behavior. Drowning your kids is a little OTT.

I have personally wanted to punch my invalid mother in the face ...... more than once .... but instead I just snap at her instead - and then end up feeling guilty for having done that.

And why the hell is she looking all stupid and baby-faced in the courtroom all of sudden?!?!?! I THINK SHE IS A COMPLETE FAKE.

Hi, Cinnabar. Welcome to the forum.

I just read this article on CNN, that one of the jurors wished they could have found her guilty but insane I think that may be closer to the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/27/ya....ap/index.html
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:04 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Meaning ...you were very quick to jump down my throat with a rather terse reply...without good reason.
JG,

I think where SugarM was coming from is here:

It sounds as if these factors are being used as an excuse for Andrea Yates behavior .... (1) living in a small cramped space (2) controlling husband (3) religious fanaticism .... etc etc

These are contributing factors to her state of mine, I'll give you that. These things are situational and could certainly put a person into a depressed state. However, depression is no murder defense.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:05 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Therein lies the crux of my argument. You knew it was wrong and did not act on those feelings or thoughts. She knew it was wrong and still acted on those feelings and thoughts. IMO - she is a sociopath without a conscience or at best a borderline personality. These are mental conditions - they do not constitue insanity. Every day men and women walk out on their spouses and children because they can't handle the responsibility - I can live with that type of behavior. Drowning your kids is a little OTT.

I have personally wanted to punch my invalid mother in the face ...... more than once .... but instead I just snap at her instead - and then end up feeling guilty for having done that.

And why the hell is she looking all stupid and baby-faced in the courtroom all of sudden?!?!?! I THINK SHE IS A COMPLETE FAKE.

Hi, Cinnabar. Welcome to the forum.
Yeah, we know it is wrong to have those thoughts and we don't act out on them. But then, we haven't got compounded PPD and five small children running around either. If we were in her position, who knows what we'd do.

Doctor, husband..etc. Maybe not having the NHS and district nurses can take the blame too.

She is looney, she should live in the bin for the rest of her life.
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Don't even type that word when Leslie and I are around

Mea Culpa
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
At the time of the first trial, I thought Rusty had deliberately drove her insane, planting the seeds in her mind about the children being evil. I thought maybe he saw his wife and 5 children a burden and that was a way of getting rid of them for good. There was just something about the guy...can't put my finger on it...a little like Scott Peterson perhaps. He seemed so smarmy and I thought it was odd how he came to Andrea's defense when interviewed.
I know exactly what you mean. I felt much the same way when it all happened. I found him to be a controlling SOB and felt that he knew her unstable emotional and mental state and played on that by demanding that she do nothing but be there for the kids, i.e. home schooling, parenting, cooking, cleaning, etc. while he played lord of the manor, and she was the good little subservient wife and mother.

Also I didn't like the fact that he divorced her within a year of her sentencing and remarried almost immediately afterwards. Reminds me of a Charlie Mason with mind control tactics even to this day with his defense of her to the media and his visitations to her.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
I know exactly what you mean. I felt much the same way when it all happened. I found him to be a controlling SOB and felt that he knew her unstable emotional and mental state and played on that by demanding that she do nothing but be there for the kids, i.e. home schooling, parenting, cooking, cleaning, etc. while he played lord of the manor, and she was the good little subservient wife and mother.

Also I didn't like the fact that he divorced her within a year of her sentencing and remarried almost immediately afterwards. Reminds me of a Charlie Mason with mind control tactics even to this day with his defense of her to the media and his visitations to her.
I want to puke.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

JG,

I think where SugarM was coming from is here:

It sounds as if these factors are being used as an excuse for Andrea Yates behavior .... (1) living in a small cramped space (2) controlling husband (3) religious fanaticism .... etc etc

These are contributing factors to her state of mine, I'll give you that. These things are situational and could certainly put a person into a depressed state. However, depression is no murder defense.

It was the first 2 sentances I was refering to Leslie...the ones with all the question marks. Others have read it the same way I did too. Sorry got to dash...dental appointment.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:21 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

PPD is probably one of the scariest illnesses there is for a mother. Glad you got through it ok Bet you are not a Tom Cruise fan
Tom Cruise is a twat & a ****** (I save that last word for special occasions)!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:32 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what the situation is with your mother, but I know what you mean about the feeling guilty about your actions.

My Dad walked out on us when we lived in Australia, my Mum was all alone (apart from some friends) with 4 kids (ages 2, 3, 4 & 5). In the end we had to move to England just to get some help from family (and they weren't much help!). I tried to give my Dad a second chance, but he acted like a baby, in the end I decided it was enough, I had given him more chances than he deserved.

I still feel guilty about some of the things I said/did, I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. Why is it that they have this effect on us? He's the scum, I was just 4 years old, he treated us like crap & he is to blame for a lot of the ****ed up shit that has happened to us. Bastard.

Sorry for the vent, but it's good to get it out sometimes. I just can't understand how some parents treat their children.

Last edited by Partystar; Jul 27th 2006 at 8:35 am.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:05 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

A plane crash killing all 250 on board is a terrible tragedy.

This was cold blooded premeditated murder.

The last time I commented on this case I was just as harsh and someone whom shall remain nameless said she suffered from PPD and said I was an unsympathetic mysogenist whom probably slapped my wife around a bit.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:08 am
Back where I belong!

Mum thinks I might have PPD, but I don't think so, I think it's just the baby blues, which I think every Mum goes through, nothing serious. I would definitely say something if I had thoughts about hurting my baby.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:09 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Manc
A plane crash killing all 250 on board is a terrible tragedy.

This was cold blooded premeditated murder.

The last time I commented on this case I was just as harsh and someone whom shall remain nameless said she suffered from PPD and said I was an unsympathetic mysogenist whom probably slapped my wife around a bit.
I don't think you are Manc & my opinion is all that matters!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:16 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see they finally passed a law barring protestors at funerals due to that nut job in Kansas. Even stranger is that you have the ACLU trying to defend them!
Don't see what was strange about it the ACLU generally defends anti-christian or free speech. But the more they defend these protestors and paedophiles rights the more the public can clearly see what they stand for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.