Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrea Yates found not guilty of Murder

Originally Posted by Leslie66
At one time they went through a phase where they "were renouncing a materialistic lifestyle" and lived for a short time in a trailer - the photos were probably old.

Thanks Leslie. Some people are too quick to jump to conclusions...maybe I hit a nerve?

It showed video footage of the inside and it was certainly very small. Also looked as though they had a large dog too...plus 2 adults and 5 children...in cramped conditions.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 27th 2006 at 3:47 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
But it wasn't to her was it? The article says "Rusty Yates said he and his ex-wife are "good friends," ".

No it wasn't to Andrea. His 2nd wife's name is Laura Arnold...I thought they had children too.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:28 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Rusty Yates remarried days before the retrial.
Charming.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Charming.
At the time of the first trial, I thought Rusty had deliberately drove her insane, planting the seeds in her mind about the children being evil. I thought maybe he saw his wife and 5 children a burden and that was a way of getting rid of them for good. There was just something about the guy...can't put my finger on it...a little like Scott Peterson perhaps. He seemed so smarmy and I thought it was odd how he came to Andrea's defense when interviewed.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Leslie. Some people are too quick to jump to conclusions...maybe I hit a nerve?

Meaning what exactly?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Meaning what exactly?

Meaning ...you were very quick to jump down my throat with a rather terse reply...without good reason.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of thing makes me cry, I feel so helpless, those poor kids, they deserved so much better, I wish I could have helped them.

Andrea Yates should be locked up for the rest of her undeserving life, she's the evil one.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Partystar
This sort of thing makes me cry, I feel so helpless, those poor kids, they deserved so much better, I wish I could have helped them.

Andrea Yates should be locked up for the rest of her undeserving life, she's the evil one.
I have mixed thoughts about this...I feel her husband should be held accountable too. Although some would say he has to live with the death of his children.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think she has to be a raving lunatic. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind doing that to their children. In my opinion her husband is the one that should be strung up. He was well aware of her condition, yet they continued having children. He left them home alone with her.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have mixed thoughts about this...I feel her husband should be held accountable too. Although some would say he has to live with the death of his children.
I think he's moved on quite nicely. Divorce Andrea and already remarried.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:37 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
In my opinion her husband is the one that should be strung up. He was well aware of her condition, yet they continued having children. He left them home alone with her.
Yes, he should be charged with child endangerment. Not remarrying, being "friends" with his ex-wife, and possibly having more children. If he has more children, they should be taken away from him because he cannot be trusted to make good judgement about care while he's away -- and I have to wonder what kind of father he was to his first five children.

Andrea, even if NGI, poses a lethal threat if her mental conditions aren't treated (and possibly if they are), and should be institutionalised for the rest of her life.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 5:46 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't she think Satan was inside her and was trying to save her children from growing up to become gay prostitutes and then going to hell? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I think he's moved on quite nicely. Divorce Andrea and already remarried.
Hasn't he just.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
Didn't she think Satan was inside her and was trying to save her children from growing up to become gay prostitutes and then going to hell? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
Something like that...can't remember exactly but it was something to do with the devil.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:10 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I'm with snowbunny on this one.

She should be institutionalized for life. She had terrible PPD. Having lived through it with my last one, I can understand why she snapped. I was fortunate in that I had good friends and family around to help.

Brooke Shields has said that when she was going through it with hers, she fantasized about throwing her baby against the wall. I can't imagine what it must have been like to live through it with no help from him and four other small kids to look after.

It is a terrible tragedy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.