Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anaheim Hills (or Tustin)

Anaheim Hills (or Tustin)

Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:04 am
Just Joined

snj_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anaheim Hills (or Tustin)

We are currently in Orange County house hunting and have found 2 places we really like. One in Anaheim Hills (Pointe Quisett) and the other in Tustin (Sedona) Both are similar in budget but the Anaheim one has a much bigger back yard though it is an older property. The Tustin one is smaller but has access to a community pool which seems a good idea.
We have 2 small children aged 18m and 3 so child friendly neighbourhoods are essential. I am wondering if anyone has experience of these areas, how family living is there, if people think one is significantly better than the other? Me and my husband like different properties so looking for more info! We are going back to explore the areas tomorrow.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:09 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anaheim Hills (or Tustin)

Originally Posted by snj_2000
We are currently in Orange County house hunting and have found 2 places we really like. One in Anaheim Hills (Pointe Quisett) and the other in Tustin (Sedona) Both are similar in budget but the Anaheim one has a much bigger back yard though it is an older property. The Tustin one is smaller but has access to a community pool which seems a good idea.
We have 2 small children aged 18m and 3 so child friendly neighbourhoods are essential. I am wondering if anyone has experience of these areas, how family living is there, if people think one is significantly better than the other? Me and my husband like different properties so looking for more info! We are going back to explore the areas tomorrow.
The pool will give you and the kids countless hours of entertainment. It's easy, fun, a great way to cool down, a good way to meet people, and great exercise. That would give one property a huge boost, over the other, for me.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Yes that makes a lot of sense Nicky, thank you.

We had thought we would get a pool for the yard if we went with the Anaheim hills one. The area has a very active association, according to the previous tenant, who do regular events and parties. Can you tell which one is my favourite?!
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:21 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snj_2000
Yes that makes a lot of sense Nicky, thank you.

We had thought we would get a pool for the yard if we went with the Anaheim hills one. The area has a very active association, according to the previous tenant, who do regular events and parties. Can you tell which one is my favourite?!
Having a paddling pool is not the same as having an in ground pool. It is very nice to be able to walk to a community pool, much nicer than I ever imagined. Only you know what is best for your family. I can't comment on either area, we lived in the Valley in LA, not OC.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

Alan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan17 has a reputation beyond repute

We're in AH - sitting here now. It's a nice community and does have an active association and sub association. We bought about 18 months ago and looked at Tustin as well. Found it nice, but not as much for your money and a little sterile as you've found.

Lots of parks for kids, an active moms group (I'm told), lots of nice restaurants. I'm certainly happy here. We do have a pool and it is nice during the summer.

Any questions let me know.

Alan.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Alan, we got a great feel from the area.