Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Originally Posted by supernav
What's with you britons who love to come to the us and live here -- but then at the same time, love to put down americans.
You don't see me moving to UK and then rippin' on Britons do you?? I'm sure if i made that same thread exchanging Britons and Americans in that post, i'd be ripped to shreds here.
If you don't like Americans. Feel free to leave and go somewhere where there aren't any.
-= nav =-
Well I think you just proved the point... well done ...
And you managed to make a posting without moaning about Mexicans.. another well done ...
And how can anyone have 700+ post and nobody has even given you
karma for an interesting post.... Does that tell you anything...
No!! I am not a Brit...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 3:14 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

What's with you britons who love to come to the us and live here -- but then at the same time, love to put down americans.

You don't see me moving to UK and then rippin' on Britons do you?? I'm sure if i made that same thread exchanging Britons and Americans in that post, i'd be ripped to shreds here.

If you don't like Americans. Feel free to leave and go somewhere where there aren't any.

-= nav =-
You obviously don't know much about the Brits....

And, there were quite a few AMERICANS posting on this thread who agree...
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Originally Posted by izibear
You obviously don't know much about the Brits....

And, there were quite a few AMERICANS posting on this thread who agree...
Please don't try too hard to fit the stereotype of the arrogant Brit.

Don't come into my country and then slap me in the face by insulting me. You can bet if i moved to England, i'd have nothing but respect for the English people for allowing me in.

-= nav =-
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:14 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

You can bet if i moved to England, i'd have nothing but respect for the English people for allowing me in.

-= nav =-
well of course you would, but then again, we're superior.

Last edited by Manc; Jan 28th 2005 at 5:24 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:17 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't try too hard to fit the stereotype of the arrogant Brit.

Don't come into my country and then slap me in the face by insulting me. You can bet if i moved to England, i'd have nothing but respect for the English people for allowing me in.

-= nav =-
Oh ****!! I thought you were dead.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Well the illegal immigrants almost got him, but he escaped at the last minute by distracting them with a lecture on how you must never, ever, criticise anything about the country you're living in.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

-= nav =-
The trouble is they're everywhere :scared:
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Nah. Haven't moved to London yet. Still planning on it by next year. Unless i move to Hawaii.

-= nav =-
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:13 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. Haven't moved to London yet. Still planning on it by next year. Unless i move to Hawaii.

-= nav =-
I wouldn't move to London. You wouldn't enjoy it.

It's cosmopolitan, cultured, full of people who enjoy intellectual debate, oh yes, and lots of illegal immigrants.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wink Re: Americans take themselfs far too seriously

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
intellectual debate, oh yes, and lots of illegal immigrants.
How come those "intellectuals" don't ever come here? Oooww. 2 points!

-= nav =-
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

How come those "intellectuals" don't ever come here?
Have you tried deodorant? Or even showering regularly?
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:21 pm

-= nav =-
Why this forum is full of intellectuals. Critical mass.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Have you tried deodorant? Or even showering regularly?
It's the foaming at the mouth that's the problem. Very offputting to immigrants.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:25 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
It's the foaming at the mouth that's the problem. Very offputting to immigrants.

A couple of dozen hypodermics in the belly usually cures it. If not, I'm afraid they have to be put down.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

DivineAngel is an unknown quantity at this point

-= nav =-
You are obviously a very smallminded person. I hope that you experience similar issues as are being described when you move to England and receive the same amount of symapathy as you apply here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.