Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American wounded

American wounded

Old May 29th 2004, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default American wounded

Did anyone watch 48 hours last nite, about the 3 wounded guys who came back from Iraq? Extremely sad, all in their early 20s, one with both legs missing below the knee, one with a complete leg missing and one with an arm missing and a busted up leg which will probably never be right. They should be showing this stuff on the telly every night. They have 3 flights a week coming back from Iraq under cover of darkness to ship these poor buggers home. No honour guard, nothing, just shipped off to hospital for months of rehabilitation. It is just so sad. Yet there is dubya with his 2 daughters just graduated from college (they did not have to join the military to get the money for it did they)? One of them is going to be working for Vogue as a model, isn't that precious? Just absolutely burns my butt.
Old May 29th 2004, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: American wounded

Around our house the administration is known as President Stupid and his evil crew.
Old May 29th 2004, 10:13 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by edwords
Around our house the administration is known as President Stupid and his evil crew.
people join the army to serve their country. they are fully aware of their job description. that is not to say that i support the war in iraq. lets not forget that it is the iraq's who are the victims.
Old May 29th 2004, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

TobinQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by effi
Did anyone watch 48 hours last nite, about the 3 wounded guys who came back from Iraq? Extremely sad, all in their early 20s, one with both legs missing below the knee, one with a complete leg missing and one with an arm missing and a busted up leg which will probably never be right. They should be showing this stuff on the telly every night. They have 3 flights a week coming back from Iraq under cover of darkness to ship these poor buggers home. No honour guard, nothing, just shipped off to hospital for months of rehabilitation. It is just so sad. Yet there is dubya with his 2 daughters just graduated from college (they did not have to join the military to get the money for it did they)? One of them is going to be working for Vogue as a model, isn't that precious? Just absolutely burns my butt.

Yep, pretty sad. You can lend a hand and help them by contributing money to the Disable American Veterans, link is:

http://www.dav.org/

Believe it or not there are some people in the armed forces who joined for reasons other than money for college.
Old May 29th 2004, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

TobinQ is an unknown quantity at this point

That's very sweet, quite cute and not too long. What do you call Kerry?
Old May 29th 2004, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

We call him "Lurch," after the butler in the old Addam's Family TV show.
Frankly, I don't like either Bush or Kerry. One's a moron with nasty friends and the other is a friend of high taxes and government bloat. I'd like to see a candidate who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I fear I have a long wait ahead of me.
Old May 31st 2004, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

We call him "Lurch," after the butler in the old Addam's Family TV show.
Frankly, I don't like either Bush or Kerry. One's a moron with nasty friends and the other is a friend of high taxes and government bloat. I'd like to see a candidate who is fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I fear I have a long wait ahead of me.

http://www.miniclip.com/knockout.htm
Old May 31st 2004, 2:17 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jaytee
http://www.miniclip.com/knockout.htm
YAAAY! Very childish but I had a smashing time - wheeeeeee!

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old May 31st 2004, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

I thought America was a land of equality, opportunity and equal rights for all. Yeah, the daughters of Bush went through education with all the perks. America is the land where feminism began, equal rights for both sexes. I read up on Selective Service in America....susprise, surprise ..only GUYS are obliged to sign up. If they don't register...they get no Government aid it seems and can even be sent to jail maybe. Females escape that.

Strange isn't it that the feminists in America didn't seek equality there and eemand that they too be included in Selective Service. That would be one step too far down the road to responsibilty.... not rights. No Selective Service here - just Selective Equality. Here at my uni in England we were stopped from having a male support group among the students because it was "discriminatory" and females objected. And women are objecting to male only clubs on the same grounds and demanding admission.

It's a real shame about those wounded American guys. They will now probably be thrown onto the scrapheap as "surplus to requirements"..yet another example of male disposability.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:07 pm
British/Irish(ish) Duncs

Location: Cambridge MA, via Mississippi and Belfast Northern Ireland.
Duncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant futureDuncs has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Lothianlad
I thought America was a land of equality, opportunity and equal rights for all. Yeah, the daughters of Bush went through education with all the perks. America is the land where feminism began, equal rights for both sexes. I read up on Selective Service in America....susprise, surprise ..only GUYS are obliged to sign up. If they don't register...they get no Government aid it seems and can even be sent to jail maybe. Females escape that.

Strange isn't it that the feminists in America didn't seek equality there and eemand that they too be included in Selective Service. That would be one step too far down the road to responsibilty.... not rights. No Selective Service here - just Selective Equality. Here at my uni in England we were stopped from having a male support group among the students because it was "discriminatory" and females objected. And women are objecting to male only clubs on the same grounds and demanding admission.

It's a real shame about those wounded American guys. They will now probably be thrown onto the scrapheap as "surplus to requirements"..yet another example of male disposability.
Youre having a laugh right? What kind of sad man wants to go to an 'all male' club at Uni? Thats a big closet youre in there.

If we had a female president maybe we wouldnt be at war.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Duncs
Youre having a laugh right? What kind of sad man wants to go to an 'all male' club at Uni? Thats a big closet youre in there.

OMG, I cannot believe you said that about a female president. I agree by the way. I was watching something the other nite and they said "how can we prevent this from happening again", I said, elect a woman to office. No woman in her right mind would willingly send her son off to war. Maybe it is time for a change, anyone got Hillary's phone number?
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I cannot believe you said that about a female president. I agree by the way. I was watching something the other nite and they said "how can we prevent this from happening again", I said, elect a woman to office. No woman in her right mind would willingly send her son off to war. Maybe it is time for a change, anyone got Hillary's phone number?
One of the cruellest, most sadistic figures from British history was Boadicea, female leader of the Iceni tribe in East Anglia. She spent all her adult life in perpetual battle, killing men.

Margaret Thatcher, female Prime Minister of Great Britain sent thousands of men to war in the Falkland Islands, and many men died. She took glory for it and won a subsequent election on the back of it. I do not remember it personally as I was born right in the midle of that war.

I am not in ANY closet at all, on the contrary, and I am anything but sad. You made no valid or constructive comments at all in respect of my post and so I dismissed your reply as inconsequential.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

One of the cruellest, most sadistic figures from British history was Boadicea, female leader of the Iceni tribe in East Anglia. She spent all her adult life in perpetual battle, killing men.

Margaret Thatcher, female Prime Minister of Great Britain sent thousands of men to war in the Falkland Islands, and many men died. She took glory for it and won a subsequent election on the back of it. I do not remember it personally as I was born right in the midle of that war.

I am not in ANY closet at all, on the contrary, and I am anything but sad. You made no valid or constructive comments at all in respect of my post and so I dismissed your reply as inconsequential.
Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Totally agree with you about Margaret Thatcher. I remember the Falklands War well - she was a warmonger and loved the power she had.
Old Jun 1st 2004, 8:24 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Duncs

Like Maggie Thatcher.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.