Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American women

American women

Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: American women

I have made some friends here, mainly married neighbours. I have'nt really found any drinking buddies or guys I would hang out with. The women are great, they usually seem friendly and more open minded than their male counterparts. Always interested in my views as a European regarding American politics and other stuff. Some males I have met are very quiet almost aloof.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

UKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud ofUKgirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: American women

After reading this thread, I have to say that as a female I find American men more friendly than American women. I do have a few female friends, but many stay away. I have had quite a bad experience with American women on the whole. Like I said I do have a few of them as friends, but I find a lot of them just don't want to know. Fortunately for me, I don't need a lot of friends, just a few real ones..
What is really cool is that my relationship with my girlfriends back in the UK is exactly the same as when I left 17 years ago.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKgirl
What is really cool is that my relationship with my girlfriends back in the UK is exactly the same as when I left 17 years ago.
Non-existent?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:19 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Always interested in my views as a European regarding American politics and other stuff.
So, they're interested in your take on international politics eh?

It could be that you've stumbled onto a heretofore undiscovered tribe of American women that actually cares about a man's views on any subject, much less politics, or, possibly, they just want to hear you talk.

Here's how to find out: Halfway through your next conversation, start reciting some thing you memorized off the back of a box of Captain Crunch. See if they notice.

Some males I have met are very quiet almost aloof.
Your accent doesn't work on guys.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

USUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really nice

Hi Everyone,
Very interesting post, except when some of you went off the track.
Im an American woman and my husband is British, living in the US.
He has been here for 6 years, and has yet to make any close male US friends.
I actually asked him the other day if it was because he was closed and little more reserved. He thought maybe it was to do with the differences in sports. He's just does not relate to basketball, baseball and American football like he relates to football. And generally, most men tend to bond in sporting activities.

I think that American men, Americans in general, are louder and more out going, more in your face, especially men. I think American men are probably more comfortable around people who are more open, and frankly, more like them.

Lets face, your are living in a different culture then what you were brought up in. I think it would be that way for anyone moving to a different country.
The best thing is to find people who are geniune and trustworthy, and like UKgirl said, that may mean only finding a few friends.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Your accent doesn't work on guys.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:19 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Bastard!! You couldn't resist it could you?
Have to remember that photo!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:13 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by USUKmama
Hi Everyone,
Very interesting post, except when some of you went off the track.
Im an American woman and my husband is British, living in the US.
He has been here for 6 years, and has yet to make any close male US friends.
I actually asked him the other day if it was because he was closed and little more reserved. He thought maybe it was to do with the differences in sports. He's just does not relate to basketball, baseball and American football like he relates to football. And generally, most men tend to bond in sporting activities.

I think that American men, Americans in general, are louder and more out going, more in your face, especially men. I think American men are probably more comfortable around people who are more open, and frankly, more like them.

Lets face, your are living in a different culture then what you were brought up in. I think it would be that way for anyone moving to a different country.
The best thing is to find people who are geniune and trustworthy, and like UKgirl said, that may mean only finding a few friends.
Excellent common sense post.........couldn't agree more.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 12:26 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody marvellous post. You hit the nail on the head. I almost thought I wrote it myself
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:45 am
Just Joined

USUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really niceUSUKmama is just really nice

Oh dear, I feel my American ego inflating...

No really, hope that it helps,
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

After reading this thread, I have to say that as a female I find American men more friendly than American women.
FFS ...They're trying to get in your bloomers woman
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I have made some friends here, mainly married neighbours. I have'nt really found any drinking buddies or guys I would hang out with.
Suprise suprise...did you wait for them to come out of their coma's?

Some males I have met are very quiet almost asleep.
They were
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:36 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

After reading this thread, I have to say that as a female I find American men more friendly than American women. I do have a few female friends, but many stay away. I have had quite a bad experience with American women on the whole. Like I said I do have a few of them as friends, but I find a lot of them just don't want to know. Fortunately for me, I don't need a lot of friends, just a few real ones..
Most of my female friends are "frenemies". They bitch about each other constantly and they all tell me that "really I hate her" etc. about their supposed friends. I think that English women are maybe more upfront so if they don't like each other they say "I 'ate you, you ####ing slag" and put on their bomber jacket and leave the pub in a smokey fury. American women are more fake.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Aabryn will become famous soon enoughAabryn will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: American women

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Most of my female friends are "frenemies". They bitch about each other constantly and they all tell me that "really I hate her" etc. about their supposed friends. I think that English women are maybe more upfront so if they don't like each other they say "I 'ate you, you ####ing slag" and put on their bomber jacket and leave the pub in a smokey fury. American women are more fake.

Wow, everyone in here is a riot. ...anyway, based on the locations of the conflicting accounts early on in the thread regarding the amount of friendships made with males vs. females, I honestly think it has to do more with the local residents than the average woman/man as a whole throughout the nation.

I believe it was Chicago I saw under the name of the fellow who had made more male friends vs. female friends... so, there's the first sign. You pointed out how fake American women are.... well, the warmer the weather, the faker the chick. Seriously. Think L.A. vs NYC. Or, Miami vs. Detroit. Warm weather attracts flirty, superficial, insincere women, like... well like money, really.

Also I think I saw the word 'geek' somewhere in the user name of the guy having better luck finding male friends- which makes me want to point out that we American chicks, quite frankly, are vacuous dumb@sses. So you have maybe one or two (usually unattractive) broads for every dozen or so guys at any given science/computer lab in Silicon Valley, for example. And thus isn't always necessary for one to take interest in football or other sports just to make male friends. Theirs plenty of nerds over at your local sushi restaurant or even gathered in the masses at the next computer or science convention held downtown. Guys whom, I can tell you, will be quite thrilled to meet a fellow with an accent that makes him feel manlier.
(No offense of course, being that I'm one of the aforementioned vapid American broads, I have only great things to say about british accents )
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:44 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aabryn
:American broads, I have only great things to say about british accents )
)
So an easy lay for UK men ... with a most annoying web site...
Welcome ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.