Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Tax preparer in the UK - Any recommendations?

American Tax preparer in the UK - Any recommendations?

Old Jan 17th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

SDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really niceSDER is just really nice
Default American Tax preparer in the UK - Any recommendations?

Hiya,

Its that time of year, and preparing to do my American tax returns
I am having trouble finding an experienced, qualified Tax preparer here in the UK, that is experienced in preparing tax returns for American Expats. Has anyone got any recommendations? Or even if you know one in the US, that can do expat returns.

If not, do you know if the online tax software, such as Turbotax, is capable of doing tax returns for Americans abroad? Taking into account that I would have to declare foreign income.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Tax preparer in the UK - Any recommendations?

Theres a lot of people on uk-yankee.com who are doing their US taxes from the UK. I'm pretty sure some of them were doing turbo tax online, I was curious as to how it is done. You should go to their tax area and read.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 3:24 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I filed for five years using either turbotax or H&R Block online, I think it was H&R. One of them allows foreign earned income and the other doesn't, but they both have free online federal programs so you can make an account and go through it and see if it will work for you. I couldn't submit the file online from overseas but it wasn't difficult to print out and mail.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SDER
Hiya,

Its that time of year, and preparing to do my American tax returns
I am having trouble finding an experienced, qualified Tax preparer here in the UK, that is experienced in preparing tax returns for American Expats. Has anyone got any recommendations? Or even if you know one in the US, that can do expat returns.

If not, do you know if the online tax software, such as Turbotax, is capable of doing tax returns for Americans abroad? Taking into account that I would have to declare foreign income.

Thanks!!
Have you looked at http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...=97324,00.html

There is an address with email contact for the embassy in London for tax advice for US citizens. Please post how you resolve this issue, I am going to be in the same position as you next year!!!