Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

American Staffordshire Bull Terriers

American Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:09 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default American Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Wonder if anyone can help.
We are moving at around April to a new hosue we have bought. It isn't exactly Compton but it isn't the nice middle class hood we have been living in so far. There is some gang activity though and one has to be a bit on the ball. I am not overly worried about this of course as I come from a rough hood back home where shootings, stabbings and robbery are just a polit way of saying hi haha.

However, I am interested in buying an American Staff. I have experience of UK Staffs and know them to be very loyal, great with kids and without the aggressive instinct that Pit Bulls have. The American Staff is much the same though looks more like a Pit with the aggressive tendancy bred out.

So, to cut a long boring story alightly shorter - does anybody know of breeders in Michigan personally? I have looked online and they go for between 800 and a bag of sand for one with papers - 200 to 400 without. If anybody knows a good reputable breeder charging realistic prices Iwould be grateful to hear. I don't care about the papers just so long as I know the dog will be a pure bred Staff. I know this is a long shot but you never can tell. Thanks in advance guys. Wuff wuff.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 1:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Originally Posted by Silly Sod View Post
We are moving at around April to a new hosue we have bought. It isn't exactly Compton but it isn't the nice middle class hood we have been living in so far. There is some gang activity though and one has to be a bit on the ball. I am not overly worried about this of course as I come from a rough hood back home where shootings, stabbings and robbery are just a polit way of saying hi haha.

However, I am interested in buying an American Staff. I have experience of UK Staffs and know them to be very loyal, great with kids and without the aggressive instinct that Pit Bulls have. The American Staff is much the same though looks more like a Pit with the aggressive tendancy bred out.

So, to cut a long boring story alightly shorter - does anybody know of breeders in Michigan personally? I have looked online and they go for between 800 and a bag of sand for one with papers - 200 to 400 without. If anybody knows a good reputable breeder charging realistic prices Iwould be grateful to hear. I don't care about the papers just so long as I know the dog will be a pure bred Staff. I know this is a long shot but you never can tell. Thanks in advance guys. Wuff wuff.
Have you tried the American Kennel Club? I started from there and went from breeder...who would probably give me another's breeder name...to breeder until I found exactly what I was looking for.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:01 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

you probably know this but you will get get @ss-f u cked on home insurance....?

for the home look at a glock 19. if you can't hit an intruder with 15 rounds of 9mm, get the 33 round optional magazine - its fun at the range and if thats not enough for you to drop an intruder, well, i dunno - you probably deserve to get robbed. if anything else, a burgular seeing an uzi style magazine coming out the bottom of a pistol should make him crap his pants
Old Feb 7th 2007, 4:28 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN View Post
you probably know this but you will get get @ss-f u cked on home insurance....?

for the home look at a glock 19. if you can't hit an intruder with 15 rounds of 9mm, get the 33 round optional magazine - its fun at the range and if thats not enough for you to drop an intruder, well, i dunno - you probably deserve to get robbed. if anything else, a burgular seeing an uzi style magazine coming out the bottom of a pistol should make him crap his pants
Already looking at a twelve gauge pump ha ha. I am not too concerned about the security aspect, though it can't hurt to be prepared.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 10:26 am
Bugger Off!

Already looking at a twelve gauge pump ha ha. I am not too concerned about the security aspect, though it can't hurt to be prepared.
(Prolly shoot my toe off like, but there ya go ha ha)