Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AMERICAN RESTROOMS (THE CUBICLES)

AMERICAN RESTROOMS (THE CUBICLES)

Old May 18th 2007, 12:06 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute
Default AMERICAN RESTROOMS (THE CUBICLES)

ok, so whats with the lack of privacy with american restroom cubicles? i mean if i wanted to see another guy sitting next to me with his trousers round his ankles then i'd go to amsterdam. what's up with the huge gaps and doors that you can see through? i like my privacy but this really is crazy. are they trying to save money on wood (no pun intended) or plastic?
Old May 18th 2007, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

farmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to beholdfarmerwife is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AMERICAN RESTROOMS (THE CUBICLES)

Originally Posted by leonatlanta
ok, so whats with the lack of privacy with american restroom cubicles? i mean if i wanted to see another guy sitting next to me with his trousers round his ankles then i'd go to amsterdam. what's up with the huge gaps and doors that you can see through? i like my privacy but this really is crazy. are they trying to save money on wood (no pun intended) or plastic?
Just part of the culture shock, but eventually you get used to it. Then one day you'll go back to Blighty and feel claustrophobic when you go to the loo!

Last edited by farmerwife; May 18th 2007 at 12:15 am. Reason: sp.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until the person in the next stall asks you to pass them toilet paper.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:24 am
Banned

leonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond reputeleonatlanta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
LOL!!!!

actually i went to the varisty in atlanta, and in the toilets they have NO DOORS on the cubicles!!! i tried to use one (too much mexi the night before) and some homeless guy walked in and asked for money!
Old May 18th 2007, 12:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!!

actually i went to the varisty in atlanta, and in the toilets they have NO DOORS on the cubicles!!! i tried to use one (too much mexi the night before) and some homeless guy walked in and asked for money!
I've seen those too...it saves people bending down to look under the door to see if the stall is empty.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:27 am
Banned

I've seen those too...at least people don't have to bend down and look under the door to see if the stall is empty.
LOL!!!

this is toilet humour!
Old May 18th 2007, 12:28 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

and toilet seat covers, and asks over the stall if you have any tampons when its quite busy

But it is awful when you are in doing your business and the queue can see you through the wide crack in the stall
Old May 18th 2007, 12:33 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!!!

In Williamsburg (college student toilets) I remember seeing the loos that were half height stall and the queue could obviously see everything going on and my mum had to go..I obviously had to leave and had to cross my legs for the rest of the day ...but everyone waiting there couldn't understand why I had the fit of nervous giggles and ran out
Old May 18th 2007, 12:35 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
In Williamsburg (college student toilets) I remember seeing the loos that were half height stall and the queue could obviously see everything going on and my mum had to go..I obviously had to leave and had to cross my legs for the rest of the day ...but everyone waiting there couldn't understand why I had the fit of nervous giggles and ran out

LOL
Old May 18th 2007, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

and toilet seat covers, and asks over the stall if you have any tampons when its quite busy

But it is awful when you are in doing your business and the queue can see you through the wide crack in the stall
Or a face appears under the door...or you notice an eye peering through the gap around the door.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

OMG hope your mum never reads what you've written about her on here.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:48 am
Banned

Or a face appears under the door...or you notice an eye peering through the gap around the door.

i was in camden town public loo and i looked up and this old irish geezer was peeking over the top into my cubicle! i kicked his door in but he had vanished???????
Old May 18th 2007, 12:50 am

OMG hope your mum never reads what you've written about her on here.
I know
Old May 18th 2007, 1:21 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Why are the toilet doors like this in the States?

I guess it's useful if the lock gets jammed so you have an escape route....

I can only think that it's to try and stop people from shooting up drugs or doing a line of cocaine on the toilet seat......or having sex in the cubicle.

(My friend did have sex with her boyfriend - yes the tightwad guy - in a toilet cubicle in this restaurant in NYC):

http://www.sapanyc.com/

...they are very posh, spacious shared male/female loos *without* gaps.... she was so pleased with herself doing the deed there that she insisted that I visit the restaurant with her to check them out - no I didn't go in the cublicle with her I'll have you know LOL! ; I'd be too worried about people hammering on the door so they could use the loo!
Old May 18th 2007, 1:39 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

When i was in Florida, the toilets flushed automatically as soon as you moved. Never giving you time to have a good wipe

Also when i asked Americans where the toilets were, i always got a blank look i said "toilet, wee wee, poo poo!!" they said "ahh, restrooms"

Learn something new everyday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.